Beer burning my tonsils out! help!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha. No just a 2 beer test. Go from there. Lol.

Don't think so. Just swapped tap from keg I was already drinking from.

But I have a physical reaction every time I drink beer - I get drunk and pee a lot.

But yeah... burning sounds bad. Could be an alergy. Tingling sensation on the lips? If it is something in there that you are alergic to then you might want to have the ambos on standby before you have another taste. Anaphalaxys is nasty.

Was the yeast an orange colour and did the beer end up flat?
You could have used a packet of cayenne pepper... :blink:

Haha. You're a bunch of funny buggers. Love it. Turns out my niece was over yesterday WITH TONSILLITIS. I'd say it's a matter of contamination on somethin' save ur dirty remarks. Lol.

Maybe a sponsor could put up a prize to whoever answers their brewing
conundrum first ?

Manticle wins a WW or a 7 gal conicle fermenter

More likely a pack of crown seals

Mr B said:
Buzz Aldrin Award

:lol:
Nothing wrong with being Buzz Aldrin, Mr B.

Did you know one of the all time great cartoon characters, Buzz Lightyear was named after Buzz aldrin? Na.....bet you didn't know Buzz Aldrin may have been the second person to walk on the moon, but her was the first person to take a slash on the moon!

Yep, being Buzz would be pretty good. How many cartoon characters are named Mr B? Ha......ha? none is the correct answer. Go easy on the Buzz jokes from here on please Mr B.

Oh, I am so sorry.......I didn't realise. My apologies Mr B.

Thanks for the subtle reprimand manticle. That was a serious social faux pas.

Anthony

If it is suspected that starsan in a high concentration is the problem then check the PH of the beer.
From memory beer is slightly acidic....around 4.5 have a read...http://www.weyermann.de/downloads/pdf/Weyermann_TKW_Mash-pH_2010.pdf

If you beer is contaminated with a high level of acid it may have quite serious side affects on your or your mates bodies.
Damage to teeth, stomach and bone deterioration to name a few.

MHB said it above...if it is making you crook, tip it.

dicko said:
If it is suspected that starsan in a high concentration is the problem then check the PH of the beer.
From memory beer is slightly acidic....around 4.5 have a read...http://www.weyermann.de/downloads/pdf/Weyermann_TKW_Mash-pH_2010.pdf

If you beer is contaminated with a high level of acid it may have quite serious side affects on your or your mates bodies.
Damage to teeth, stomach and bone deterioration to name a few.

MHB said it above...if it is making you crook, tip it.
Seems most colas have a ph of 2.5 driven by phosphoric acid, so I don't think starsan would be getting it too much lower than that

Occam already won. The thing that made OP feel like tonsillitis was tonsillitis. My uncle's recipe is that if swallowing beer hurts due to sore throat, you need to switch to spirits until you get better. :icon_drool2:

Back