Beer Boat

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FNQ Bunyip

Non Pro Member
Reaction score
Hi guys & Girls , Over the weekend I assisted a mate to antifoul his boat on a sand bar in the Daintree river along with heaps of other mates so I set a keg in our boat and set up the esky with one of GMK's S/S Coils {Thanks Ken} and we had cold beer on tap allweekend :chug: :chug: :chug: the keg was not cooled and as you can see ( cheek out the gallery ) the only shade was an old beach umberella and the beer was great ...
lots more weekends like this ahead now the works done we will be enjoying boating for a while.

Cheers

Awesome.
Looks like a great boat.
Its amazing how much work you can get done when the workers are well looked after :D
Although how was the workmanship by the end of the day ?
Finally what were you serving up ?

Beers,
Doc

The "Akoona" is a great boat shes about 52ft and although shes about 70 she still has plenty more years ahead. Workmanship was great you dont get time to stuff around when the tide is only out for so long , plenty of time after she floted again .one side each day all went great

Just having a keg there ensured plenty of helpers... ;)

I am only a K&K brewer so nothing to fancy a coopers Canadian Blonde I love the stuff :chug: we brewabout 200lts a month .

cheers

FNQ,
Its good to see that the very important things got all the shade.
Top looking boat by the way.

cheers

sweetasanut FNQ !!

about to set up for a similar deal myself.

mate, a smaller cylinder looks like it would be handy for you?

i'm trying to source another soda stream bottle ...and some fittings to regulate the flow - without using a regulator (needle vale etc?).

great work. top pics!

FNQ bunyip

Nice set up with coil - love the photos...

Just watch that you don't spill any outside the boat,
you might attract some of those malt craving crocs!

Back