Beer At Multi-cultural Festival In Canberra

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtus

#beerbackhome
Reaction score
The Multi-Cultural Fair in Canberra this week end has some great beer on.

Canberra Brewers (I'm one) has joined with the Wig and Pen to put on 3 beers and a cider.
A special Malty Cultural Beer which has hops from 4 nations
61 brewers a beer made at a CB brew day with 61 different hops
Kemberry, a w&p signature beer
Thirsty worm cider

Also Zieholtz has a stall with their range on tap

Plonk who stock over 700 beers at their shop have a stall

The Harmonie German club has a range of German beers

Other stalls have Corona, Saporo, Mythos just to name a few.

There is also a huge range of food

Well worth the visit if you can get there. It goes until Sunday 6pm.

61 hops!!!!! dont think I could distinguish one from another in a beer like that..but who cares?? I like it!!!!!!!!

fortunately I managed to escape from Canberra 7 years ago and wont be retuning anytime soon..........because if you go back you will most likely never make it out again alive!

Will come in tomorrow to provide a bit of "moral support" to the team at the stall, also for a beer or two as expected. Here's hoping that we still have beer on tap after the amount we went through on Friday night!

61 hops!!!!! dont think I could distinguish one from another in a beer like that..but who cares?? I like it!!!!!!!!

fortunately I managed to escape from Canberra 7 years ago and wont be retuning anytime soon..........because if you go back you will most likely never make it out again alive!

talking like that, Canberra's probably glad to be rid of you ;)

back on topic, the malty cultural was a good beer, worth a try if you're in the festival

lucky i got on here when i did its been a good 6 months!

ive been searching tryinh to finf out what beer i drank at the festival it was from the wig and pen/canberra brewers stall, it was something like kemberra, with some fruity or slight citrus hops, i didnt mind it at all espesh after getting there just after sunday lunch from a 7 day stint,

anyone know where to get more info on it? or atleast tell me what i was drinking,

cheers.

Ben

lucky i got on here when i did its been a good 6 months!

ive been searching tryinh to finf out what beer i drank at the festival it was from the wig and pen/canberra brewers stall, it was something like kemberra, with some fruity or slight citrus hops, i didnt mind it at all espesh after getting there just after sunday lunch from a 7 day stint,

anyone know where to get more info on it? or atleast tell me what i was drinking,

cheers.

Ben
You were drinking the Kembery from the Wig and Pen brewery in Canberra.

Was going to put in a link to the Wig but had a look at their website and realised that it hasn't been updated since 2002 so could only find 2 beers on the page that they still make. Doesn't even list the Rumpole that was a staple over the weekend!

Back