Beer And Gas Line Clamps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
What are you guys using for beer and gas line clamps ?

On my old keg fridge I used cobra clamps.

On my current freezer I haven't used anything, but as I'm about to up the pressure (thanks to Roach doing the flow restrictor valve order), I'm going to need to use something to stop gas leaking from the t-piece connections under the higher pressure.
I had tried putting some cobra clamps on when I put it together but they just pinched the gas line and made holes in it.

Any recommendations ?

I see in one of your posts today sosman (mini party keg) that it appears you have used a type of cable tie. Do they work ?

Beers,
Doc

I use the smallest worm drive hose clamps I could find, however as you do also, I have ones with nothing and they don't leak either surprisingly. I really just use the clamps on the barbs that I haven't been so successful in getting the hose on but all my connection on the beer out side are hose clamped, don't want any popping off and loosing all that beer ;).

I'm keen to see if there are better solutions though.

JD

small hose clamps doc.i also found the cobra to pinch the tube.those plastic retic clamps may be worth a shot if they make them small enough.

cheers
big d

Doc,

I use Oetiker clamps. They provide a 360 degree seal without pinching the line. Not sure how readily available they are but Dave from Goliath usually has a stockpile.

Regards
Steve

Nothing! I use nothing never had one come of or leak ever! B)

Jayse

jayse said:
Nothing! I use nothing never had one come of or leak ever! B)

Jayse
You are a brave man Jayse. You have a piece of wood handy?

Do i have wood? :eek: ;)

Seriously i can't even pull the line off by hand very easily let alone it pop off an pour my beer out in the middle of the nite.

Jayse

Doc ,

Have you spoken to dave at Andale?? He gave me a few clamps when I bought the disconnects and hose from him.

What are you guys using for beer and gas line clamps ?

I am just using cable ties. I have used those little rings that you have to crimp both sides but I don't bother anymore.

Latest posts

Back