Beer And Food Pairing Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black_labb

Reaction score
Is anyone interested in semi-regular meetings where a group of people meet up for a meal and matched beers prepared by someone in the group?

The concept is a group meets up for a 3+ course meal where someone or a pair of people plan and prepare a course as well as a beer to go with it. So if you had 10 people you could have 5 courses (say an entree, 2 mains, cheese and a desert) there would be 5 pairs of with each pair organising the different course including matching beer.

Best part is it probably wouldn't be too hard to convince SWMBO to come along as a designated driver as it should be a nice evening out.

Obviously there would have to be a bit of organisation with who is bringing what, what needs to be prepared onsite and what can be brought in in a thermos or similar ect.

Has anyone tried this before?

Is anyone in sydney interested in something like this? I'm not sure how easily I could hold one at the moment but a small one could be a possibility at some point. I'm more interested in a bit of talk about the idea and see where it goes from there.

Beer shouldn't be drunk with food.

Food wrecks the beer's finer points.

Beer is not wine. Poofta. :D

Are you saying a meal is worse when beer is with it? fucksake

Beer matches with meat. Meeting adjourned.

Beer shouldn't be drunk with food.

Food wrecks the beer's finer points.

Beer is not wine. Poofta. :D
I disagree. Some beer enhances food. Aromatic and spicy foods like Asian, Indian, Mexican and so on are great with beer. It enhances both hop, malts and the food . In fact sommeliers find it hard to accompany wine with these types of food because they just don't mix as well.

Shame your in Sydney mate. I'd be a starter!

Sounds fun. Maybe a full meal would be a bit hard to organise, but several courses of snacks/entree sized plates with matching beers wouldn't be too hard to do, at least to start with?
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Im in a group , tthe pinotphiles, have to be careful how you say that. Eight fellas in the group, we meet at someones house, each person brings a course to cook and two bottles of their best pinot. The host also supplies a bottle of champagne for starters and a bottle of cognac or armangnac which we knock off mid lunch. Lunch starts at midday and lasts 12+ hours. It takes a couple of days to recover and we meet twice a year.
Drinking that much beer might be a little bloating.

Sounds fun. Maybe a full meal would be a bit hard to organise, but several courses of snacks/entree sized plates with matching beers wouldn't be too hard to do, at least to start with?
Sounds like a good idea to me.

That's kind of the idea, a few entree sized courses and extras to make up a meal worth of eating. Would you be interested? I'm thinking of some sort of mailing list where some ideas are exchanged and an event or similar is eventially organised.

Im in a group , tthe pinotphiles, have to be careful how you say that. Eight fellas in the group, we meet at someones house, each person brings a course to cook and two bottles of their best pinot. The host also supplies a bottle of champagne for starters and a bottle of cognac or armangnac which we knock off mid lunch. Lunch starts at midday and lasts 12+ hours. It takes a couple of days to recover and we meet twice a year.
Drinking that much beer might be a little bloating.

Sounds roughly what I am thinking of, with beer of course. There would of course be talk about the beer and food recipes and techniques during the meals.

Yeah, i'd be interested. I'm surprised there's not more interest! Will there be any of your famous black IPA making an appearance?!!!

Yeah, i'd be interested. I'm surprised there's not more interest! Will there be any of your famous black IPA making an appearance?!!!

I'm surprised as well, would have expected more interest.

Don't know about the black IPA. I only have a few longnecks left and it's already getting on 5-6 months old and starting to noticeably lose the hop aroma so I should probably just drink it. Though at some point I should make version 2.0

might be interested.

Cool, will keep you in the loop.

Latest posts

Back