Beer Alchemy Program

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sim

Reaction score
Well this is my first original post, so hello to everyone - i didnt see the "introduce yourself" thread while i was lurking about in the shadows!

Just downloaded the demo version of Beer Alchemy, which seems great.

im having trouble getting it to sync with my phone though. theyre both on the same Wi-Fi, and ive selectivley enabled it in my firewall settings, and it runs fine on the phone by itself. so im stumped. it just doesnt appear in the little box where it should when i press sync...??

im wondering if anyone else has had this trouble or can think of anything? my virtual fingers are pretty stumpy :unsure:

Cheers,
sim

Make sure you click the iPod Touch/iPhone tab in Beeralchemy on the mac side. It defaults to iPod Classic.

Only issue I can think of.

Cheers

yeah thats all good. thanks. im stumped!

also, whats the deal with bagged hops and loose hops? is it asuming loose ones have lost some AA% and it adjusts for that?

sim

No idea, I've always used the loose option. I assume that bagged would be constrained in the boil somewhat, but that's a guess.

Cheers

ahh true, and i just got me some bags aswell!

cheers,
sim

Plug in lead.

Go to BA on phone > hit sync

It will say waiting for MAC

Go to BA on MAC > hit sync. > start sync.

Sorted.

Plug in lead.

Go to BA on phone > hit sync

It will say waiting for MAC

Go to BA on MAC > hit sync. >

i get up to this point and then theres nothing in the box...? it wont let me hit the final sync buton because it doesnt seem to see my phone. yeah, im stumped!

sim

i get up to this point and then theres nothing in the box...? it wont let me hit the final sync buton because it doesnt seem to see my phone. yeah, im stumped!

sim

Using the cable? or WiFi?

It will only work with cable.

Using the cable? or WiFi?

It will only work with cable.

It used to work with wifi for me... but I didn't end up buying Beer Alchemy for Mac and it expired...

I now use Beer Smith 2 on the mac. Its actually less annoying!

...both, with no results. it reckons Wi-Fi should work though.

im Mac os X, 10.5.8
its BA 1.8.19
iPhone 4, with BA 1.2.6

i know some people had trouble with younger systems.

Start them both up and keep the mac version open, disconnect the iphone from the network then reconnect it. Sometimes works for me. (providing you have them both connected to the same network) :beerbang:

Now I am stumped. Mine has only ever worked wired.. I know 'should' work...

Message them through send feedback in the help menu, they will get back to you in a day or so...

Sorry, best I've got.

EDIT: Just worked through WiFi!! WOO HOO!

yeah, ive emailed the support, and give up for the night. beats me how it could work sometimes or not, or with or without the cable etc.

Anyway, spanky lookin program. hope it works out.

Cheers,
sim

Never had an issue with mine. Try creating a network on the mac (airport menu, create network) then connect the phone to this and try to sync again.

Otherwise, disable and reenable your wi-fi on the mac.

If not, stumped as well!

Also, you could jump on AHB chat about 9pm and there will be plenty of helpful people, who can probably help you on the spot!

:icon_cheers:

Also, you could jump on AHB chat about 9pm and there will be plenty of helpful people, who can probably help you on the spot!

:icon_cheers:

:icon_offtopic:

People swear and insult you on chat. Don't do it.

:icon_offtopic:

People swear and insult you on chat. Don't do it.

Seems you have the wrong chat jpo?

I have nothing but a brew fuelled educational converse on AHB chat, somewhere you can ask a question and get many answers in a short amount of time...

Maybe you are thinking of the porkspin chat?

Don't let jpo stear you wrong sim.

Seems you have the wrong chat jpo?

I have nothing but a brew fuelled educational converse on AHB chat, somewhere you can ask a question and get many answers in a short amount of time...

Maybe you are thinking of the porkspin chat?

Don't let jpo stear you wrong sim.

The last time I went on the chat there was disgusting language being used. Appalling. I gasped several times and had to refill my glass of cold green tea.

Well its fixed. il tell you what i did ...i went to the beach. came back - it works!

could have something to do with turning everything off including the power supply to the modem.

thanks for the help and suggestions fellas. for the record mine works without the cable.

on a side note, im surprised that in the master recipe there is no box for water to grain ratio, but thats one of the front page things when you create a new batch of it. does that seem weird to anyone else? yet to brew with it anyhow, so maybe its plain as day.

Brew software for Mac WOOHOO!

sim

Latest posts

Back