Beastie's Bar Bash

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me know if you go to Pommie's joint in Berwick. I didn't get to finish my story about a dark stormy night and would relish the opportunity...Not far from my place (well, closer than Ballarat anyway)

Cheers Beastie, had a great time. Those lamb rolls were awesome.

Nice to win the raffle again, and no, I'm not sharing ;)

Some ideas floated around for the next few meet-ups include:

A sunday sesh and Lecterfans,

A pizza night at my place (give the soon-to-be installed pizza oven a work out). I'd also make this one a BAR swap.

A fishing trip down Apollo Bay

A trip to Berwick to trash visit Pommie Granites place

And of course the Beer festival in January, which I'm still waiting on more details about.

Lots to think about and fantastic our little 'club' is ticking along nicely....

Beastie, cheers for a great evening mate. I think I left my glass there, (it says Hawaii West on it) if so could you keep hold til next time we catch up?

As for next meet, I am up for getting you boys round here to the Rancho Relaxo. Should we look at doing something pre Xmas? Then beer fest in Jan and then perhaps after that sort out the fishing trip for perhaps march? I'm pretty flexible, apart from being away to UK from Xmas to mid Jan.

On a personal note, it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to get to your place for an overnighter until the weather cools down again PG...looking at Autumn next year probably.

I threw around Sunday 9th December as an old fashioned 'lunchtime to stumps' at mine as a possibility also - the overnighters are fun but they are also restrictive in their own way. I thought the possibility of a genteel arvo like we used to do might be more suitable in the pre-xmas insanity.

If we do this I reckon I'll knock out a brew on the day also.

We also need to instigate a 'pay at the door' arrangement if expectations of tucker remain high. Mine would be more a 'there's the bbq, cook what you bought' type thing so no charge.

Anyway, whatever everyone goes for is fine with me, but my offer is now 'official'.

I threw around Sunday 9th December as an old fashioned 'lunchtime to stumps' at mine as a possibility also - the overnighters are fun but they are also restrictive in their own way. I thought the possibility of a genteel arvo like we used to do might be more suitable in the pre-xmas insanity.

Oh no. I have something already booked that weekend! I'll be out at Meredith.

My timing has been bad lately

Oh no. I have something already booked that weekend! I'll be out at Meredith.

My timing has been bad lately

haha - Meredith is a bit early this year! It's usually on my birthday which is the following weekend.

What about Saturday the 8th but still a day time thing?

Saturday 15th? Sunday 16th?

Wait and see what everyone reckons...be good to see you again though big fella!!! Get me around for a brewday, I have some questions to ask you about your double batches...

haha - Meredith is a bit early this year! It's usually on my birthday which is the following weekend.

Wait and see what everyone reckons...be good to see you again though big fella!!! Get me around for a brewday, I have some questions to ask you about your double batches...

Meredith on that whole weekend. I have leave pass organised already.

15th or 16th looks ok for me, but don't change just for my sake!

any sunday arvo in december (before xmas) suits me. Saturdays become a little more tricky - I'm booked out on the 1st and 15th.

Herbo - I'm nominating you in charge of the fishing trip ;) :lol:

edit: Lecterfan, did you want to start a new thread, or just keep going on this one?

...I'll start another soon, I'll just wait to see if anyone else comments with preferences/options of any sort...(i.e. if everyone wants to go to the coast or to PGs etc).

Happy to do a switcheroo and do yours LF pre xmas and then mine sometime later - however sunday afternoons arent great for me to be beering it up in Ballarat. A saturday would work though if that works for you guys.....

Back