Bconnery In Melbourne 23/3/12

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bconnery

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
I'm heading down to Melbourne this week for training.
Not sure what the mid week nights will be like, I'll be expected to be reasonably alert during the day, but I've extended my stay to include Friday night so if anyone is interested in catching up for a beer let me know.
I'll be staying in Southbank so I've sussed it's not a big walk to Beer de Lux and the odd other venue, starting to be reasonably familiar with the place by now :) but I'm also very keen to wander out to check out Temple's new bar.
So, Friday 23/3, starting after 5:30 or so probably.
Drop me a pm with your number if interested, but I'll update when the actual plan firms up a little.

I'll be dragging some locals around too so if it doesn't work out as I've left the notice a little late I won't be caught short of drinking buddies :)

A quick question. Are there other good places close enough to Temple in Brunswick? Walkable? I seem to remember there were some around that way but I'm normally just in the main CBD when I visit...

Josie Bones is worth checking out. Their beer menu is second to none.

A quick question. Are there other good places close enough to Temple in Brunswick? Walkable? I seem to remember there were some around that way but I'm normally just in the main CBD when I visit...
There is a bar called Atticus Finch near Temple...
Last time i was there , they had Emmerson's Bookbinder on tap.... :icon_drool2:
129 Lygon Street Brunswick East VIC 3057
(03) 9387 0188

Thunder Road brewery is not far - other side of Lygon and a couple of streets to the south.

The Great Northern and Bar Fred are pretty close too.

The great northern in carlton is definitely worth a look and about a Km ish from temple

The great northern in carlton is definitely worth a look and about a Km ish from temple

Bump for Friday afternoon/night.
I've got to complete some training, poke my head in at a work do at the Melbourne Office, meet someone at BeerdeLuxe and then thinking about dragging some work people to Temple Brewery to check it out.
Pm me for a mobile number if it grabs you...

Back