Bayside Brewers Oktoberfest Family Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mialee

Reaction score
The times come around once again to advertise our annual family day...
In addition to the great beers, food and entertainment that will be on offer, there will be a number of Cascade, Chinook and POR hop plants there on the day to purchase if your half keen but have left it to late to collect your rhizomes. Also before you ask what beers will be available, I'll post the list closer to the day as we settle on the numbers.

promo.jpg

In addition to the great beers, food and entertainment that will be on offer, there will be a number of Cascade, Chinook and POR hop plants there on the day to purchase if your half keen but have left it to late to collect your rhizomes. Also before you ask what beers will be available, I'll post the list closer to the day as we settle on the numbers.

promo.jpg

Sounds great, get along Brewers, its a fantastic venue as well.

promo.jpg

Bump

Week to go before our Oktoberfest and the beers are fairly well finalised.
Plenty on offer as per the following list and 7 in reserve so that we will be pouring right up until 4pm when we finish.
Also there's plenty of activity going on around the Mornington Peninsula on the same day so if there's an incentive to go for a drive then Sunday the 14th should be a great day out where-ever you find yourself visiting.

Schwarzbier

Dortmunder

Dusseldorf Alt

North German Alt

DunkelWeizen

Kolsch

Hefeweizen

Dortmunder

Kolsch

Dunkel,

German Pilsner

Marsen/Oktoberfest

Dopplebock

Week to go before our Oktoberfest and the beers are fairly well finalised.
Plenty on offer as per the following list and 7 in reserve so that we will be pouring right up until 4pm when we finish.
Also there's plenty of activity going on around the Mornington Peninsula on the same day so if there's an incentive to go for a drive then Sunday the 14th should be a great day out where-ever you find yourself visiting.

Schwarzbier

Dortmunder

Dusseldorf Alt

North German Alt

DunkelWeizen

Kolsch

Hefeweizen

Dortmunder

Kolsch

Dunkel,

German Pilsner

Marsen/Oktoberfest

Dopplebock

Bump for the evening crew

bump..... looking forward to this. Should be a good day.

Its there an entrance fee to attend the family day? And is it a pay per tasting type of event?

No entrance fee if you just wish to have a look and enjoy the atmosphere, music and a chat but if you partake in tasting then you are given 8 tasting tokens for the sum of $25. Also if you prefer a glass of wine then Hickenbotham has some of the best wines for this region and are readily available.. Hope this helps.

Its there an entrance fee to attend the family day? And is it a pay per tasting type of event?
Yes. I believe it is $25 per adult.

This gets you 8 generous (extra generous if you come see me ;) ) servings of fine german style beer, a commemorative tasting glass, and some fine entertainment.

We will have a german sausage sizzle (kransky, weisswurst, bratwurst and debreciner) with sauerkraut, and hopefully some home made pretzels up for sale as well.

Ive managed to convince SWMBO that a drive town the Peninsular is a fabulous idea for a Sunday drive!! :lol:

:chug:

Ive managed to convince SWMBO that a drive town the Peninsular is a fabulous idea for a Sunday drive!! :lol:

:chug:

I convinced mine we should go by selling the idea of all the nice food to try. Hickinbothams one of her favourite places so it was easy really.

I convinced mine we should go by selling the idea of all the nice food to try. Hickinbothams one of her favourite places so it was easy really.

does she have a liscence Truman? My SWMBO is in the process of getting hers but is still on the Leper Plates resulting in a Yob behaving himself on Sunday <_<

does she have a liscence Truman? My SWMBO is in the process of getting hers but is still on the Leper Plates resulting in a Yob behaving himself on Sunday <_<

She does have her licence but my bro in law and his wife are coming too and his wife doesn't drink much so she will drive.

So me and the bro in law can indulge and will be, and the missus will probably have a good crack too.. Look out for us and we'll have a beer together. :icon_cheers:

She does have her licence but my bro in law and his wife are coming too and his wife doesn't drink much so she will drive.

So me and the bro in law can indulge and will be, and the missus will probably have a good crack too.. Look out for us and we'll have a beer together. :icon_cheers:
You want for me to print out some name-tags for everybody?

"Hi, I'm {insert name here} and I play {insert nickname here} on AHB"

:D

:D :D Actually we need that just for the bayside brewer members. I still dont remember everybodys name.

So who else on here will be attending????

I think it is a good Idea, that way we can engage in full blown beer nerd talk when appropriate.

I will be able to pick Yob out of a crowd...

I think it is a good Idea, that way we can engage in full blown beer nerd talk when appropriate.

I will be able to pick Yob out of a crowd...

So your going Dave? You bringing the wife and kids??

Latest posts

Back