Bats In The House!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokolbinguy

The Pokolbin Brewhaus and Winery.
Reaction score
Geeze just had to catch a bat that was flying around the house. the 2nd in just as many weeks....weird.. have had to remove some from the house before aswell. The must come down the chimney.

Anyone else had this problem??

Pok

Haven't had this problem myself, but you should be really careful handling bats - in rare cases they can carry a deadly virus (lyssavirus). You need to be bitten/scratched to catch it, and it is very rare, but you should be careful all the same.

Bat Lyssa Virus

i hear they hate wheat beer too :p

Jeese the member for Far Kin will go a long way for a homebrew

Pumpy :ph34r:

I know who the rat is!

:lol:

Stop this now

bats_015.gif

Batz

Off to lock the shed door now, is it a full moon. Maybe some garlic of wolfbane --- No wait, will spray some Wheat Beer around

:lol: :lol:

The moderators are no match for our wheat beers !!!

AAAAAAhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahaha

Tennis Racquets do too :eek:

cheers

Darren

Oh yeah, I agree with Scrogster. Never get bitten by a bat as they carry a multitude of zoonotic viruses

a little off topic but bugger the bats, it's been a day for snakes here today, the dogs had a brown cornered this morning so i grabbed the hoe and took action to remove the pointy end, then as usual for a sunday we took the kids and dogs to the beach where we run into another brown about 6 foot long, couldn't bloody believe it :eek:

give me bats any day....

cheers
yard

Batz hate citronella oil , no really
If you hang a few bits of rag soaked in citronella oil around the batz will take off,works for flying foxes as well

Batz

I wonder if it was a bat from singleton

Their main square is infested

It's pretty scary seeing them all hanging there in the day in all the big trees

Cheers

Yep there is thousands of the buggers there....really weird to see all these black bodies hanging from the trees. You should see when they flock at dusk !!!

Batz hate citronella oil , no really
If you hang a few bits of rag soaked in citronella oil around the batz will take off,works for flying foxes as well

Batz

He oughta know :lol:

Brown's should be relocated if they become residents around your home. I like to relocate them in a number of places using a long handled shovel.

Brown's should be relocated if they become residents around your home. I like to relocate them in a number of places using a long handled shovel.

I was at a reptile show with the kids last week.. the guy running it said "if you see a snake in the yard... run inside and tell mum. Whatever you do don't tell dad because he will instantly reach for the shovel and try to kill it. 80% of snakebites occur while trying to kill a snake with a shovel. Mums are more sensible and ring the wildlife people who will come and take it away".

Geeze just had to catch a bat that was flying around the house. the 2nd in just as many weeks....weird.. have had to remove some from the house before aswell. The must come down the chimney.

Anyone else had this problem??

Pok

welcome to my world

Back