Batch Brewing Company - home brewing competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only good beers to come out of batch brewing are the recipes they brew from home brewers. Quick someone win and go in and teach them how to brew a good ipa!

Geez, not that ive had heaps.....but Id rate some of their beers ive had. The westcoast is quite nice on tap.

Ive had a rye that is nice too.
There was a kettle soured ale that was nice too.
Didnt like the milk stout for aome reaon.

Topher said:
Geez, not that ive had heaps.....but Id rate some of their beers ive had. The westcoast is quite nice on tap.
Didnt like the milk stout for aome reaon.
I love their Milk Stout.

Most are great. A few maybe haven't been particularly astounding, but I've never had a bad beer from them.

Their 'MacBatch' oak aged heavy ale was in my top 2 worst beers of all time - in there with Matso's Chilli Beer. Can't decide which was worse though.

Their milk stout is decent and so is one of their rye beers - the Addison rye, the other one they always brew is a bit average though. Never been a fan of any of their hoppy beers though.

has anyone heard back from them after doing the online entry ?

Pratty1 said:
has anyone heard back from them after doing the online entry ?
Yeah. I got an email with extensive details about entry requirements.

Another mate entered but didn't get the email, so perhaps they selected a short-list based on those initial online entries ???

The 3 finalists get to make their beer on Batch's pilot system. From memory those beers get sold at the brewery (proceeds going to charity) and people vote for their favourite. The winner then makes a full-size batch at Batch.

Cool, my mate got through to the three as well. He brewed a Tropical Stout. I never got to try it but by all accounts it was pretty good.

Good luck with the brew day.

Tasting (and people's choice voting) for this comp is happening this Sunday, 3pm-8pm at Batch.

Mine's the schwarzbier.
The other two beers in the comp are an Oaked Chocolate Stout & a Lemon Myrtle Wheat.

They all sound different but very damn tasty!

Latest posts

Back