Barons Lemon Myrtle Witbier

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chioz

Reaction score
Hi all, Just wondering has anyone got a recipe or tried to make a recipe for the Barons Lemon Myrtle Witbier. I'm not a full grain brewer only a extract n partial grain brrewer. Any heads up would be great. All i really got is ;
Wheat malt, unmalted wheat
Some oats giving the cloudy white appearance.
Saaz and Hallatau hops to create a hint of spiciness
and the blend of lemon myrtle, anise myrtle and wild lime add the citrus backing.
I've got no measurements of any proportion but any help is good help.

Choiz

If you can make an extract witbier, then you just have to add the lemon myrtle and whatever other spices you want to use. Here's a couple of threads which could help.

Wheat Beer Recipes

Hoegaarden

I have made the Country Brewer Summer Wheat Wet Pak in the past with good results. That could be a good springboard to help you work out what you want to do.

Less is more in the world of the lemon flavoured beer. Think "dishwashing liquid".

Don't ask how I know this...

Less is more in the world of the lemon flavoured beer. Think "dishwashing liquid".

Don't ask how I know this...

There was a piece in The Age this weekend about using native ingredients in cooking. Apparently lemon myrtle has the highest concentration of citral of any fruit or vegetable - making it the 5-alarm chili of the lemon world. Use verrrrry sparingly!

Dragging up an old thread, but better than starting a new one.

I've got a massive Kaffir lime tree at my place, and buckets of lemongrass growing out the back (once I mow the grass to get out there).

2 questions:

1. I've read another thread that says Kaffir lime leaves will work. How much?
2. Will Lemongrass work and if so how much?

I'm a fan of Baron's Lemon Myrtle Witbier and am looking to make some when the weather gets cool for next summer (figuring I won't waste shedloads of hops for a beer that won't be drunk for another 6 months (summer arrives in Qld about 5 months time and stays for 8 months).

Goomba

Dragging up an old thread, but better than starting a new one.

I've got a massive Kaffir lime tree at my place, and buckets of lemongrass growing out the back (once I mow the grass to get out there).

2 questions:

1. I've read another thread that says Kaffir lime leaves will work. How much?
2. Will Lemongrass work and if so how much?

I'm a fan of Baron's Lemon Myrtle Witbier and am looking to make some when the weather gets cool for next summer (figuring I won't waste shedloads of hops for a beer that won't be drunk for another 6 months (summer arrives in Qld about 5 months time and stays for 8 months).

Goomba

Ive not long signed up and was trawling through old threads when i read this, thought id throw my 2 cents in. Im a pretty basic kit brewer, but i do like to experiment a little. I tried a cerveza type recipe and for a few bottles added a kaffir leaf (when i say leaf i mean a double leaf, you know how the kaffir has 2 leaves that are sort of joined??). The result after 6 months or so, the plain bottles were ok, but the kaffir bottles taste and smell like rosewater, or turkish delight! Its a light refreshing sort of beer, will definantly have a go again!

Latest posts

Back