Barley prices set to rise.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok he's not a kraut

I'm proud to have four successful children and five lovely grandchildren, still hoping for more.

No he was Swedish and a smart fellow, he's no longer part of the overpopulation issue though.
Nothing wrong with being proud of your kids, you should be!
Even the one that doesn't turn out so well - oh that's just my family - joking.

He understood that changes take time, education and assistance to happen though and can't be pushed down peoples throats.

Some say if we all went vegan we could feed twice as many people.
Well if it happened quickly where would all those extra grains and vegetables come from?
Most land used to produce meat isn't suited to high crop production, you can't just switch.

There's a push for more self reliance and local buying of foods which i do see as a great positive.
Those who wish to reduce their meat intake can help the situation too.
I've roughly halved my red meat consumption but there's no way I'll ever cut it out unless I simply can no longer afford it.

If those of us who can, try to reduce our footprint by growing our own, buying local or at least Australian when able, repairing, recycling, reusing and repurposing, it all eases the pressure
on a world with a population that is inevitably on the rise.

I shall now step down from the soapbox and hand it to our next speaker. :)

Oh and @sp0rk you are right there, but "a patented canola seed" I just can't fathom how a patent can be given on a mainly naturally occurring item and certainly have issue with corporate ownership of food crop seeds in any way shape or form.
Sure, they modified it, but I'm not allowed to save and reuse the seeds from the crop that grew from their seeds? Big issue there.

Last edited:
Oh and @sp0rk you are right there, but "a patented canola seed" I just can't fathom how a patent can be given on a mainly naturally occurring item and certainly have issue with corporate ownership of food crop seeds in any way shape or form.
Sure, they modified it, but I'm not allowed to save and reuse the seeds from the crop that grew from their seeds? Big issue there.
I agree there are some big ethics issues there, but when you buy those seeds, you are agreeing to a contract to pay a fee to grow it
Don't like it, grow something else
Again, I don't necessarily agree with it, but that's how it works

It think the correct term is twat.
Not only can you prevent this fate you can improve the survival prospects of the species by removing yourself from the system.
So did you do it, it's over 24 hours without you posting?
No of course I'm not suggesting he top himself, but if you think de-population is a solution you have to ask who will be removed
I don't believe you! Doubt many other people do either.
Mark

Back