Barley Crushers At Grain And Grape

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrenlw63

Just a Hoe
Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention that G&G now stock Barley Crusher mills for those interested. Price is not yet disclosed. :beerbang:

here

NAYY. Just contemplating one myself without shipping hassles. :)

Warren -

That's good news for walk in buyers especially if you can take advantage of the 20% off sales that G&G sometimes have.

Having said that though don't be afraid about shipping hassles from the Barley Crusher website directly. I ordered on their website and received my crusher about a week later to Adelaide.

Cheers

well about time? That's one thing they have been lacking.

Though they have had the pils crusher for some time I do like to have choices and options.

Just found out they are going to cost $245.00

Thats a great price if it is for the large hopper..

Cant quiet remember the price i paid for mine a few years back from gerard mees but this price does seem relatively good although it doesnt come with the base as mine did but still shouldnt be a problem.

Cheers
Big D

Prices obtained 2 weeks back from Randy at BC Products in the US.

Prices for theBarley crushers are:
Barley Crusher with a 7 pound hopper shipped by parcel post (surface mail) is $147.00US Dollars
and $177.00US Dollars for air mail service.

A Barley Crusher with a 15 pound hopper would run $171.00US Dollars buy surface mail and $202.00US DOllars by air mail.

*Gulp*

G&G had 20% off last weekend...I picked up my long-awaited NASA burner (with high pressure reg) for about $90. Not too shabby. If only I knew earlier...

I spoke to John (owner) on the day and he said it was a semi-Father's Day sale, they just excluded mail orders, so the bargains were for pick-up orders only. He said he lost too much hair last time, trying to fill orders to arrive on time. He was happy with the day, so I suggested he have 20% off more often. He smiled and suggested there was more on the way...

They always notify a day or two before via email, so probably worth subscribing (no affiliation etc) to get the update.

I had actually wandered in to get a keg coupler (cheaper than eBay with 20% off), but got slightly distracted by all the other shiny stuff. Just a 60ltr pot now and my neighbourhood smells like malt again...

Got my BC air freight from the US about three months ago. After postage and PayPals lick it cost me $245 AU delivered.

Excellent mill.

Edit: With small hopper.

Cheers, Hogan.

That's a great price, even if its the one with the small hopper. I think I might have paid around $248AU for mine, which I received 5 days after ordering.

Cheers :)

i paid $95 us just for the body and had it mailed to the other side of the usa and had it picked up bu family who brought it back for me

I sent an email to Roy at TWOC about a crankenstein (which wasn't in stock) and he replied that they sell the Barley Crushers in kit form for $225. 7lb hopper (small) version.

Which ever way any of you guys go that live interstate dont forget to factor in freight.Still looks like a great buy though as i see it as an investment in your brewing adventures.

Cheers
Big D

I'd love to see Grain and Grape get on board with sponsorship with this site. Be good to see the banner up top. They've been great for us Tassie boys, fast shipping and good gear and most certainly on the up as the leading brewshop in Australia IMO. Will we see an Aussie morebeer? :ph34r:

I think they would be a worthy sponsor IMO.

Yes it would be good Justin.Time will tell if they approach AHB about it.

Cheers
Big D

Got mine from TWOC at $215.00 with the 3kg hopper (spent a lot of money that day). I worked out the ex-USA price and found I had a good deal...

Also works very well. Got 79% efficiency with my last pilsner with the gap at the factory setting.

I would recommend it.

Nice to know what these mills are costing landed in Oz. I am still tossing up cost and benefits for different features of the mill I am designing. The MashMaster mill is still the works though, I hope it will be ready in time for Santa, but I can not promise.

c'mon Mashmaster! Santa needs a mill for tangent this Festivus!

c'mon Mashmaster! Santa needs a mill for tangent this Festivus!

:lol: I remember that episode of Seinfeld Tangent.

Got this from Wikipedia for laughs;

* The Festivus Pole: The Costanzas' tradition begins with an aluminum pole, which Frank praises for its "very high strength-to-weight ratio." During Festivus, the unadorned Festivus Pole is displayed. The pole was chosen apparently in opposition to the commercialization of highly decorated Christmas trees, because it is "very low-maintenance," and also because the holiday's patron, Frank Costanza, "find tinsel distracting."

* Festivus dinner: In "The Strike," a celebratory dinner is shown on the evening of Festivus prior to the Feats of Strength. In Festivus: The Holiday for the Rest of Us by Allen Salkin, drinking is encouraged with hearty beer, rum, bourbon, or wine.

* The Airing of Grievances: At the beginning of the Festivus dinner, each participant tells friends and family of all the instances where they disappointed him or her that year. As quoted from Frank Costanza: "I've got a lot of problems with you people, and now you're going to hear about it!"

* The Feats of Strength: After the dinner, the head of the family tests his or her strength against one participant of the head's choosing. Festivus is not considered over until the head of the family has been pinned to the ground. A participant is allowed to decline to attempt to pin the head of the family only if they have something better to do instead.

The Festivus Miracle

Although it is not an official element of the holiday or its celebration, the phenomenon of the Festivus Miracle is mentioned several times in the original episode. Kramer causes the occurrence of two "miracles" by inviting two betting-window operators to dinner with Elaine (men whom Elaine wished to avoid), and by causing Jerry's girlfriend Gwen to believe that Jerry was cheating on her. On these occasions, Kramer enthusiastically declared, "It's a Festivus miracle!"

Warren -

Latest posts

Back