BarKegEsky

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burt de Ernie

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Thought I`d post some pictures of what I now call the Barkegsky as I'm pretty proud of the way it turned out.

My son is turning 18 in February so he and I put a couple of brews down for his upcoming party. Feels real good passing on the family brewing tradition.

I have a kegerator in my garage out front which I was considering dragging out back for the party but its and bit rusty and pretty shitty looking so instead of that I thought I`d look at getting a jockey box or kegesky.

Anyways being cheap arse like I am when I looked around everything was costing to much.

Based on this I decided to build an esky out of pallets. The idea was to basically have a crate on end with a couple of taps out the side.

So I measure up the corny`s and built the crate out of pallets I had sitting around. When I stood the crate (esky) up on end I stood next to it, looked at my Mrs and said "this thing is the perfect height for a bar. Why don't I make a bigger top on it and use as a place you could rest your beer".

Then I realise because of the bigger top, mounting the taps on the side became a bit awkward so.......then I made a font to mount the taps. For insulation I purchased a couple of ridged foam sheets from Bunnings. The only down side is that its not water tight but all I have to do is put the line the esky with a garbage bag the put kegs and ice in.

What I most loved about this is how the project morphed. I now have a handcrafted backyard party keg system with a cool rustic feel to it. I'm so stoked.

Introducing the BarKegsky!

IMG_1004JPG.jpg IMG_1004JPG.jpg IMG_1005JPG.jpg IMG_E0990JPG.jpg IMG_E0992JPG.jpg IMG_E0993JPG.jpg IMG_E0995JPG.jpg IMG_E0996JPG.jpg

Last edited:
That looks awesome, well done.

What beers did you guys put down for the party?

Back