Bargain Hunters Brew Stand...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clean brewer

Obsessed Home Brewer
Reaction score
Hello all,

I used to go to the Recycling Centre at my local tip quite a fair bit to see what was around but since Ive been working Breakfast and Lunches now, I dont seem to get there anymore.. :( I got a chance to pop in there today and ended up picking up the following for $8... :beerbang:

It was hinged together in 2 pieces, so just pulled apart... The smaller piece is 1170 x 650 and the bigger piece is 1260 x 950, it is made of 50 x 25mm tubing and the bracing is 40 x 40 tubing.. It is quite heavy and the mesh on it is about 4mm diameter so its quite Heavy Duty(not as heavy as Shermator)....

Anyhow, this has made the task of a dedicated Brewstand a little easier to start.... Just work out where things will go and get some legs on it, and maybe some
Red Paint to match my other bits...

:super: CB

IMG_0360.JPGIMG_0357.JPG
IMG_0358.JPGIMG_0359.JPG

Score CB! :beerbang:

(I hope your planning that October Brew day big fella?)

Yes, I thought so, its all well sized for a Shermanator style Brew-stand and will fit my Gear nicely.. :D I hate brewing for this reason, advancement never ends, finish one thing and another starts... :super:

(And Shhhh on the Plan, on stealth for this one, had an argument with SWWBO the other night on it)

:icon_cheers: CB

Hello all,

I used to go to the Recycling Centre at my local tip quite a fair bit to see what was around but since Ive been working Breakfast and Lunches now, I dont seem to get there anymore.. :( I got a chance to pop in there today and ended up picking up the following for $8... :beerbang:

It was hinged together in 2 pieces, so just pulled apart... The smaller piece is 1170 x 650 and the bigger piece is 1260 x 950, it is made of 50 x 25mm tubing and the bracing is 40 x 40 tubing.. It is quite heavy and the mesh on it is about 4mm diameter so its quite Heavy Duty(not as heavy as Shermator)....

Anyhow, this has made the task of a dedicated Brewstand a little easier to start.... Just work out where things will go and get some legs on it, and maybe some
Red Paint to match my other bits...

:super: CB

View attachment 30438View attachment 30435
View attachment 30436View attachment 30437

just tell the missus you plan to make a shark cage from it the brew stand will get an immediate tick of approval (errr maybe....)....cheers....spog.....

Good score CB, nice to see I beat you to at least a brewstand ;) :D

just tell the missus you plan to make a shark cage from it the brew stand will get an immediate tick of approval (errr maybe....)....cheers....spog.....

Nah, forget the sharks, its the stealthy crocs around hervey bay you gotta be careful of! :ph34r:

The local re-use/recycle shops at the tip are brilliant. Have found some pretty cool things there. The white goods are always interesting

Aaron

A wise man said to me, for $8, you shouldnt need to explain shit...

Good score CB, nice to see I beat you to at least a brewstand ;) :D
Cheers Wakkatoo, nice mate, does your brewstand make beer yet???? :rolleyes:

The local re-use/recycle shops at the tip are brilliant. Have found some pretty cool things there. The white goods are always interesting

Aaron

Most of the stuff is shit though, but you just gotta go there and have a look.... Usually, I find something I could use but have no money so just leave it until they are open again, but then its too late and is usually sold... :( I saw this there on the tuesday and thought "its sure to be gone by thursday", dropped in on Thursday and it was still there.... Bonus, and $8..

CB

Back