• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Bargain Hop Rhizomes - Saaz, Goldings And Por.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppy2B

Reaction score
Greetings noble hop growers, I have the following rhizomes for sale :

Saaz $10 for 2 and the mothership for $30 if anyone in the Adelaide area would like it.
Goldings $10
POR $10
+ add $10 postage to the above.

The following are pictures of the Saaz. Goldings and POR have longer shoots. All rhizomes are kept moist in coir or wrapped in cloth. The Saaz mothership is covered with soil.

Saaz_for_sale_pics_28_June_2012_001.jpg

Saaz_for_sale_pics_28_June_2012_002.jpg

How long have you been growing that mother#@$er. It is huge!!

I have to move to Adelaide.

R

How long have you been growing that mother#@$er. It is huge!!

I have to move to Adelaide.

R

It has only had 1 season's growth. It was pretty small when I bought it last year.

Received my package of rhizomes today and just opened them. Thanks for the extra cluster rhizomes you chucked in hoppy2b.

Hey everyone,
Just letting you know I have sold out of rhizomes. Good luck to everyone that has obtained rhizomes from me this year.
I do still have the large Saaz crown available for $30 if anyone in the Adelaide area is interested. A Chap in Melbourne would like it. If anyone is driving to Melbourne over the next couple of weeks and would like to carry it can you let me know. You may be able to exchange it for a couple of bottles of brew when you get there.

My tips for growing lots of hops -

Dig in lots of manure at planting.
Provide lots of water. Hops are leafy plants and need it to grow well.
Continue fertilizing with liquid manure through the growing season. I avoid chemical fertilizers as they can burn.
Provide lots of support for bines to grow onto. I don't prune.

Cheers, hoppy.

Greetings, I am pleased to announce the great Saaz crown auction. Due to the fact I still have the great Saaz crown pictured above in the original post, I am hereby offering it for sale at $25. Should it fail to sell this week I will lower the price further. I will continue lowering the price each Sunday until it is sold or given away. :lol:
P.S. : Pick up from Henley Beach or drop near S.E.Freeway.

Do I get a cut of the proceeds mate? ;) :p

Glad they grew so well for you!

Mine are all back in pots awaiting the completion of backyard garden works... that fertiliser has also been spread in the vege patch which is now complete.

please answer the door to the buyer while wearing it on your head.

I hope the fact you're undertaking garden works means that you will be planting your hops into the ground Raven. I believe they would do really well along the back fence there especially on some mesh Dr Smurto style.
Was wondering if you might know the history of the Cluster of which you gave me some rhizome. Is it supposed to be dwarf because that's how it has grown? :huh:

Re: Cluster - can't recall any specifics unfortunately, just a rhizome portion from a fellow brewer received many years ago (can't recall who I even got it from sorry!). I did have it in the ground at Parkside though for a few years - it grew no worries to the top of my trellis (which would be approx 4-5m high), however it never grew as prolific (nor did it flower much - only a handful of cones) as the POR or Chinook that I had in the ground next to it (same soil and watering regime for all three at the time).

Thanks fellas.
That link is to stuff on stunted plants Malted and I don't believe my Cluster are stunted. The photo I put on 'Show us your hops 2012' recently, which also appeared on last years thread shows how chockers they were with cones. 'Twas the reason for putting that photo up because it showed they're height next to a person.
Lots of liquid manure might help you get some yield raven. All my plants yielded well in their first season. The only one that didn't produce was the Fuggle which didn't start growing till late in the season and only got to 1.5m. It looked like it would take off earlier a couple of times but got sand blasted and heat affected I think.
Bump, still have the Saaz crown for sale at $25. Will lower the price on it again this Sunday if not gone yet. :)

Hey everyone, the Saaz crown I have pictured above is now for sale at $20.

Back