Bar Swap: '1st Time For Everything'

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be bringing my esb that became a special, same recipe as the give away at Martys but with some changes, thanks to Richards suggestions. I will pick up some cheeses, and good old pickled onions.

Went to the pommy butcher in Dandenong on Thursday and picked up some Cumberland and Lincolnshire sausages for the 21st. Also grabbed some Black Pudding, Cornish pasties and some pork pies for Mrs Billygoat.

Two thumbs up for the sausages, worked our way through a few of the pork sausages the other day. The cumberlands looked good too.

Goatey if you have the snags sorted, i shall seek out some other bits maybe (perhaps some other fine healthy red-meat related british-style produce to make sure we give LFs extra set of intestines a workout :beerbang: )

Lads...so jealous.
I see the mens health discussion has been kick started already.
Hope the Ballarat breeze doesn't cut you in half!

Two thumbs up for the sausages, worked our way through a few of the pork sausages the other day. The cumberlands looked good too.

Goatey if you have the snags sorted, i shall seek out some other bits maybe (perhaps some other fine healthy red-meat related british-style produce to make sure we give LFs extra set of intestines a workout :beerbang: )
The snags are sorted, not sure about Lecters extra intestine though.

Don't worry about me, my intestines and arteries have had a stern talking to and I have got my will in order (being an asset-rich poor-student), so I can eat all the salt and red meat I want.

Just a reminder for this coming Saturday night (21st).
Kick off will be around 5 pm and hoping to eat about 6 to 6.30
Anyone who hasn't been here before or can't remember how to get here, send me a PM and I'll give you the details.
Don't forget your best pommy ale and bring a drinking vessel.
Cheers

Sorry I won't be at this one, brewers.

I had a blast at the last meet but I am making the trip to Melbourne for the VIC case swap the following weekend. Just couldn't commit to another weekend away.

Hope it all goes down well!

Guys, I'm in doubt for the meet on Saturday. Been invited into the members for the 'pies vs hawks match, couldn't resist going. Not too sure what time I'll be back in Ballarat. I want to drop the "British summer ale" that I have brewed for the event off at billygoat's prior just in case. Keen for you blokes to try it, it's different to what I am used to due to the Demerara sugar in it, it's come in at 6.3% so watch out!

Billygoat, will pm you to arrange drop off.

Great night, Billygoat!!
Thanks for hosting another great BAR meet.
I think everyone would agree with me that your bar/shed/brewery is the perfect venue for enjoying the fruits of our craft.
Sunday morning's breakfast went down a treat, too.

Cheers mate.
Colonel

P.S. thanks also to those who went to the trouble of making the sausage rolls, pork pies, and pasties etc. Grouse beer food!!

Glad you enjoyed the night.
Hope you get those wobbly boots sorted before you go back to work.
Thanks to Albainian and Ty for making the trip up and to everyone who bought goodies along.
Someone has left a white and blue plate and there is also a 2 litre PET bottle with ESB marked on it.
Thanks Vic45 for leaving me a bottle of your IPA, enjoyed it yesterday afternoon.

I think it must have been Herbo's 6.3% summer ale at 1:30am that tipped me over the edge...Had an awesome time Saturday, great to meet some fellow brewers..felt like death yesterday...but you get that sometimes!!!

Big thanks to Billgoat for hosting us on Saturday night. Had a blast, cant wait to get brewing (and sharing) a drop or two.

Glad you enjoyed the night.
Hope you get those wobbly boots sorted before you go back to work.
Thanks to Albainian and Ty for making the trip up and to everyone who bought goodies along.
Someone has left a white and blue plate and there is also a 2 litre PET bottle with ESB marked on it.
Thanks Vic45 for leaving me a bottle of your IPA, enjoyed it yesterday afternoon.

Great night Billygoat, sounds like you boys kept up the good work for a while after we left..

Great night Billygoat, sounds like you boys kept up the good work for a while after we left..

Great night Billygoat, I am really envious of your setup. Thats my Pet bottle of ESB it highly over carbonated, as soon as you open it the bubbles mix the sediment through the beer.

So its my place for the next meet, Sat 20th October. Sunny Enfield. Beer that go well with meat.

So I just have to re-ignite an oldie.
Pomie Granites Saison from the vic45 BAR swap...
Pickle me Grandmother!
It was the last swap tally I had left and was saving it for summer. Got some good news today so decided to crack the Saison, and it certainly did not disappoint.
Lovely mild funk on the nose, and a well balanced malt and hop balance. Not much more to say. Nice dry Quaffer.
I will give the 3711 a crack this summer.
Hat off to you Dan, very drinkable.

After this ^ post I had a look through my shed fridge yesterday and found a 330ml with no label that turned out to be Saison and a 750ml with 14 on the cap its ESB or SB.
Absolutely beautiful, I don't know who brewed either of these, but if it is you thanks, feel free to leave beers in my fridge anytime :beer:

So I just have to re-ignite an oldie.
Pomie Granites Saison from the vic45 BAR swap...
Pickle me Grandmother!
It was the last swap tally I had left and was saving it for summer. Got some good news today so decided to crack the Saison, and it certainly did not disappoint.
Lovely mild funk on the nose, and a well balanced malt and hop balance. Not much more to say. Nice dry Quaffer.
I will give the 3711 a crack this summer.
Hat off to you Dan, very drinkable.

Glad you like mate, just got batch number two up and running, i'll be happy if it just turns out the same again - its 3724 if you fancy giving that a go

Cheers!

rubshandstogetherandgrinsevilly.gif

(vic45 - i think that might be muscovys saison if it was in a stubby)

(vic45 - i think that might be muscovys saison if it was in a stubby)
[/quote]

Yep, I left a couple of rogue 3724 Saisons in the fridge...well on the back door step.

Dan, Keep a stash of your next batch of Saison for 6 months. Mine hit its straps after 6 months and is getting better and better.

Back