Bar Swap: '1st Time For Everything'

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dusted the tent off and got batteries for the air mattie pump... mixed crate of longies... shit yeeeeah

Yep, swag is all sorted, even squeezed an extra-thick mattress in there. Must number the bottles tonight, which of course will mean doing a Lecterfan and "tripping" somewhere in the vicinity of the beer fridge and accidently pouring myself a beer ;)

Don't forget nibblies, peoples...

Righto, my ignorance prevails.
Early in the piece i asked whether to bring tallies or stubbies..
I read the response as it doesn't really matter but on revisiting i see that tallies are the go.
I have bottled a dozen Vienna Ale in stubbies for the swap and kegged the rest. (So dont have enough bottled)
In the spirit of the swap would anyone be concerned if i entered a Vienna Ale and an American Brown Ale (12 stubbies each) to avoid the brand of tight ar#e.
I bottled the Brown Ale last night so it will need some conditioning time.

I will make sure they are labelled clearly

Easy mistake to make. We won't say bad bad things about you....much. No probs from me at all. Both of those are a couple of my more regular brews so I'd be keen to try both. See you Saturday.

doing a Lecterfan and "tripping"

Now when I read about using 'acid' in the mash to lower the pH, how was I to know what sort of acid to use???

In the spirit of the swap would anyone be concerned if i entered a Vienna Ale and an American Brown Ale (12 stubbies each) to avoid the brand of tight ar#e.

Sounds delicious! You could have just turned up and acted petulantly because it was your birthday hahaha. Don't stress yourself either way (but yes, more beer is better than less :icon_cheers: ).

For the benefit of all petulantly = unreasonably irritable or insolent.
I thought about playing the ignorance card, but it's not really in the spirit of my birthday or my first encounter with the BAR crew.
I'd do it to my mates, so perhaps I will save it for the next swap.

Looking forward to the meet..

Hey Ballarat based peoples, have all of you guys got your travel arrangements sorted out to and from Garibaldi? Wondering for those not staying out there for the night if there's any opportunities for car pooling?

At this stage I should be okay for a lift out there but looks as though I'm hitching home at the moment. Better half not keen on waking the baby just to come out and get me! Fair enough I suppose.

If there's any opportunites for joint travel arrangements from Ballarat please let me know. Oh and there's me and another fella (a new brewer for the group) in the same boat so 2 seats needed. As mentioned I can do the trip out there, it's the trip back that's the problem at the moment. I'm guessing the trip back might be the problem for everyone else as well!

Cheers

car keys going in the bowl as soon as I get there... where do you have to get to? too far for a taxi i presume...

tough one...

cant wait it out till the morning to get home?

As I said Herbo, I'm hoping to stay the night but won't know definitely until tomorrow...I'll keep you posted...

thanks fellas, yeah maybe a bit too far for a taxi, there could be issues getting one out there on a Saturday night I reckon.

Could stay out there, but would prefer to get home - would make wife happier if I made it home as well. Will be looking after the young fella on Sunday morning.

I'll continue to negotiate though!

sorry herbo. Will be staying the night, otherwise you know I'd be happy too. I might avoid putting my keys in the bowl tho. Not sure what it would mean if I accidentally pulled out 'yob's keys.......fair to say my swag is a SINGLE swag ;-)

sorry herbo. Will be staying the night, otherwise you know I'd be happy too. I might avoid putting my keys in the bowl tho. Not sure what it would mean if I accidentally pulled out 'yob's keys.......fair to say my swag is a SINGLE swag ;-)

It'd give new meaning to "doing a Lecterfan" though...my swag is very spacious...

thanks fellas, yeah maybe a bit too far for a taxi, there could be issues getting one out there on a Saturday night I reckon.

Could stay out there, but would prefer to get home - would make wife happier if I made it home as well. Will be looking after the young fella on Sunday morning.

I'll continue to negotiate though!

Hi Herbo,

I have a super early start on Sunday back to Hamilton so I don't plan on staying the night out there.

I also don't plan on downing a heap of drink either - more interested in some very small samples to see what is out there.

So I can't say exactly what time I would leave but you and your mate are welcome to hitch a ride back to Ballarat with me at the end of the evening. Any time you need to be back by?

Let me know if you want to take me up on the offer - no stress.

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Herbo,

I have a super early start on Sunday back to Hamilton so I don't plan on staying the night out there.

I also don't plan on downing a heap of drink either - more interested in some very small samples to see what is out there.

So I can't say exactly what time I would leave but you and your mate are welcome to hitch a ride back to Ballarat with me at the end of the evening. Any time you need to be back by?

Let me know if you want to take me up on the offer - no stress.

Cheers,
Matt

Thanks Matt, that would be excellent. There's no particular time I need to be back by, if you're the driver that time will be determined by your good self.

We'll chip in a fuel fee and give you a couple of extra beers for your troubles!

Cheers

Looking forward to the catch up.... Have the swap beers with some extra to crack open and a keg of Belgian pale, yet to be sampled (therefore quality To Be Determined), that we can break into as well.....

Thanks Matt, that would be excellent. There's no particular time I need to be back by, if you're the driver that time will be determined by your good self.

We'll chip in a fuel fee and give you a couple of extra beers for your troubles!

Cheers

No worries, mate. I would say that it won't be early but won't be late. Don't worry about fuel...no need - beer is the only fuel that really matters anyway....fuel for the soul!

By that stage I will be used to chauffeuring people around - my pregnant wife is going to tag along on the trip to Ballarat to 'get away'....but what she REALLY means is that she want me to drive her around to all the baby merchandise shops. I admit, those shops are interesting to a point and funny in a way....but they are a sure fire way to make one want a calming beverage by the end of the trip!

Kleiny's swap beers are safely (?) in my care. I've only sampled one of them...

...so far.

Kleiny's swap beers are safely (?) in my care. I've only sampled one of them...

...so far.
My one is the one at the back... Furthest from the front of the fridge.. :p

As for tomorrow: As a wiser man than me once said...... Giddy Up

Thanks to Vic45 for hosting - absolutely magnificent!

Thanks heaps to the road-weary travellers who came from far and wide, and apologies to anyone I didn't get a chance to talk to properly (and apologies to anyone who got the Waldorf and Statler treatment...that's me on the right, Vic13 on the left).
W_and_S.jpeg

It seemed that there was an extra line of swap beers left over this morning...did someone leave without taking their share?

Pretty good night when every beer you drink was made by someone who cares about their process, not a bad one among them.

Please take note that my beer has two important bits of info on the label: 1. It will improve with age as the treacle is predominant at the moment, and 2. It's quite highly carbonated (or will be by June when I recommend drinking it) so try not to use it for a hand held weight when doing your zumba routines in the lounge room. :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back