Bar Swap: '1st Time For Everything'

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
facepalm... ahhh the HOST

Vic45 please disregard my slightly confusing and silly PM...

Let me know if it would be better to arrive after 3 or what time suits you better...

On the up side, I do have a (bottled <_< ) brew set aside for the day... will be my 8th AG brew and is (was) going down nicely on the weekend..

Just bottled up the Raspberry and Choc orange Porters. So far so good hopefully they will carbonate up in time. :D .

Mine is still in the fermenter - will bottle on Friday or I may keg, carbonate and then CPBF it before the day. All depends on how much time I have - got a fe good friday jobs lined up before heading away for a couple of nights.

Just bottled up the Raspberry and Choc orange Porters. So far so good hopefully they will carbonate up in time. :D .

No stress - I'm bringing heaps of carbonated beer for immediate consumption, but my swap beer will need aging, and big dark and high ABV could do with as many months as you want to throw at it!

I guess I should bottle my swap beer this weekend hey? Been aging nicely, smells bee-yoo-dee-full....

Been washing bottles tonight (hate that job). Mine will be in bottle tomorrow morning. The bottle tree looks sweet stacked up on the kitchen bench

righto, all done...probably a touch over carbonated if anyone actually keeps it for more than say 4 or 5 months (as it will definitely improve with age), but it will easily be fully carbonated and well-drinkable by the winter solstice (the intended 'drink on or after' date).

As always, I'm really looking forward to this!!!

should bottle this week sometime still waiting for it to clear out of the keg.

not very confident on making the day at this stage as im busy with work commitments, not that i will be at work on the Saturday just away from the family all week. (hard to get another leave pass).

I will however drop the swap off at either wakka's or lecter's as i pass ballarat on a regular occasion at the momment. Then pick up my share from there as well.

Hope to make the day still but we will see.

Kleiny

Hi Lads..

As you know I ain't attending this but was still keen for a swap. I've come to a realisation that I ain't going to have time to get this ready by swap day.

To make it up to yall, I'll drop some long necks with vic45 for sampling on the day. That is sampling on the day, vic45!

New list.

1 Wakkatoo: English something or another. Might play around with some dry hopping.
2 Kleiny Maentime IPA inspired english IPA
3 Lecterfan - a medium dark ale that snubs its nose at styles and categories but that aims to taste nice and provide a smooth alcoholic kick.
4 Herbo - Dunkelweizen
5 Mesa99
6 Beastie ?????
7 Vic45 Cascadian Dark Ale
8 pommie_granite - 'tis the Saison
9 Muscovy: American Honey Wheat Ale (travelling nicely in the fermenter)
10 bullsneck - Bohemian Dunkel
11 mmmyummybeer - Raspberry Redundancy, and or DCM Choc Orange Porter
12 Vic13

Hi Lads..

As you know I ain't attending this but was still keen for a swap. I've come to a realisation that I ain't going to have time to get this ready by swap day.

To make it up to yall, I'll drop some long necks with vic45 for sampling on the day. That is sampling on the day, vic45!

New list.

1 Wakkatoo: English something or another. Might play around with some dry hopping.
3 Lecterfan - a medium dark ale that snubs its nose at styles and categories but that aims to taste nice and provide a smooth alcoholic kick.
4 Herbo - Dunkelweizen
5 Mesa99
6 Beastie ?????
9 Muscovy: American Honey Wheat Ale (travelling nicely in the fermenter)
12 Vic13

I could possibly be keen to slot in there if no one minds.
I have a Red / amber ale thingy which has taken a few twists and turns, could be pretty decent or be shite? just finishing up in the fermenter.
I am throwing loads of home grown chinook hop hash at it so it should be interestingly hoppy...?
Happy to let someone more " local " take the spot if they want it as its a fair mission for me.
Will see how my ale progresses over the coming week and if anyone else wants in.

:icon_cheers:

I have a Red / amber ale thingy which has taken a few twists and turns, could be pretty decent or be shite? just finishing up in the fermenter.
I am throwing loads of home grown chinook hop hash at it so it should be interestingly hoppy...?
Happy to let someone more " local " take the spot if they want it as its a fair mission for me.
Will see how my ale progresses over the coming week and if anyone else wants in.

Take it mate. The lads with be happy to meet a new face.

Consider yourself in.That's great.
I don't know where you are in Gippsland, but it is 4.5 hours from here to Bairnsdale.

@messa.... you make it sound like I can't be trusted with a few beers. :ph34r:

Updating the list fellas;

4 Herbo - Dunkelweizen
5 Mesa99
6 Beastie ?????
9 Muscovy: Vienna Ale (Bottled today!)
12 Vic13

I think my 'pull out' post was lost in the eather somewhere. Infected lager dammit. Beer4U, you can have my spot.

Take it mate. The lads with be happy to meet a new face.

Thanks mate

Consider yourself in.That's great.
I don't know where you are in Gippsland, but it is 4.5 hours from here to Bairnsdale.

@messa.... you make it sound like I can't be trusted with a few beers. :ph34r:

Cheers
Down near Yarram google tells me 4hrs to Garibaldi

Be great to see you again dude!

Likewise champ, i am keen for an adventure and have not been your side of VIC yet! doubt il get anything into the Melb July swap.
As mentioned dependant on how this beer develops this week?

EDIT:

Updating the list fellas;

4 Herbo - Dunkelweizen
5 Beer4U - If my beer looks like it might be swappable
6 Beastie ?????
9 Muscovy: Vienna Ale (Bottled today!)
12 Vic13

I have been threatening on the last couple of BAR meets that I would make the trip east and I think it's about time I actually did it! I am also planning on heading to the VIC swap so it would be good to know at least a few faces when I get there!

I was contemplating filling in a spot on the swap list but my only beer in circulation at the moment needs quite a bit longer in lagering - it's been a VERY slow start to the brewing year.

So, if it suits the court, I will come and join in on the festivities and make a weekend of it in Ballarat. I won't have much in the way of offerings for brew but happy to contribute to the chow - let me know.

Just so I don't have to dig through the thread.....where am I heading?

Latest posts

Back