Bar Swap: '1st Time For Everything'

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakkatoo

The Sneaky Monk
Reaction score
Continuing a topic of discussion (tips cap in direction of Lecterfan) from our Sunday meetup in Creswick, the next BAR mini swap will be in a couple of months time at a venue yet to be decided.

For this swap, you need to choose a style of beer you have never brewed before, give it a crack and swap it with the other participants. We will keep the number to 12 swappers maximum as that seems the easiest.
So to join in the swap, cut and paste the list below and add your details. Oh, anyone is welcome so long you can get your beers to/from the swap.

# Name Style

1 Wakkatoo Probably something Belgian

have many people had much with interstate swaps?

Not personally. I guess my comment about anyone participating is more directed at those who are aware of us, but haven't made it to a meet-up / one of the melbourne crew keen to get outta the big smoke.

We are a loose connection of blokes (not the other way round :blink: !), didn't want people thinking this is a 'members only' kind of thing as that's not the purpose of group..

Not personally. I guess my comment about anyone participating is more directed at those who are aware of us, but haven't made it to a meet-up / one of the melbourne crew keen to get outta the big smoke.

We are a loose connection of blokes (not the other way round :blink: !), didn't want people thinking this is a 'members only' kind of thing as that's not the purpose of group..

No probs!

Any idea of when the swap might happen, i should be passing through ballarat on a regular basis within a couple of months.

# Name Style

2 Kleiny (have to think about it)

have many people had much with interstate swaps?

Not officially, but Taschris and I have exchanged plenty of beers, I've also sent several around the place (losing the lotto, Poko for the shirts, etc etc) - I reckon in this context it is perhaps difficult but not impossible...of course there is the cost involved and ensuring the bottle is PET or appropriately packed :icon_cheers:

Any idea of when the swap might happen, i should be passing through ballarat on a regular basis within a couple of months.

I'd be guessing late April as April is full of family-friendly holidays so I don't expect people to be around the whole time, also it is more fun when you can swap beers that are close to/actually drinkable rather than waiting too long to taste them... Even if we have a meeting in April but a swap in May? Whatever...

If no one sticks a hand up again I'm more than willing to have everyone around here again! (on a Sunday for the family folk or the Satdy for the ragers, I don't care much)

# Name Style

3 Lecterfan - something continental...much like my philosophy I grow weary of the Americans and the English...it will be German (wheat) or Belgian.

edit: Thanks to Vic45 bringing the Corio Bay Brewers calendar, I might be up for getting down to the April 27th ESB shindig, have to wait and see how we can enter before that, but it is a style I'm fond of and has been a bit kinder to me in recent times haha.

# Name Style

3 Lecterfan - something continental...much like my philosophy I grow weary of the Americans and the English...it will be German (wheat) or Belgian.
4 Herbo - Oatmeal Stout :lol: :huh: :ph34r: Joking... will work something out later

Not brewed before?

Manticle: Corona imitation?

Manticle: Radler?

Manticle: Light beer?

If you do it at yours again Lecter, I might just drag those two other beared rangas up with me and show you Ballarat boys how to incinerate wood in the rain.

# Name Style

4 Herbo - Oatmeal Stout Joking... will work something out later
5 Mesa99 - Erm.. Let me think about that one.

I possibly could be interested in attending, date dependent and all that.
If i end up with something suitable for swapping and there is a vacant hole that needs filling closer to the date i may also take part.

I am still very much in the phase of brewing something new every time i brew so no problems there. Pretty sure i have only ever brewed 2 beers twice :D

I can't add my name to the list with my phone at the moment, but would love to be included. Not sure on what id brew yet.

Ok, its my turn to host.
Due to the interest from visitors lets make this one a Saturday.
How does everyone feel about
Saturday April 28 from 5pm on?
I will do a BBQ etc.

There is a good picnic table for mounting Beer Engines and can make a tap available in my fridge if needed.
There is plenty (acres) of room for tents .

Lets make this another great B.A.R. event!

Just typed (and lost) a massively entertaining reply.

Beer4u (and others) - regardless of whether it is at my place or not you are welcome to stay at mine overnight...just as long as you aren't put off by big dogs or overweight, heavily bearded men in their underwear!

Mans-tickle - do not judge us on wet wood in summer, but rather dry wood in Autumn! Nary a goblet-tipping witch in the region can make it through Ballarat without suffering the fiery justice of the Brown Hill magick inferno! The pyres are high and the flames are cleansing at a Ballaratian Samhain!

edit: SATURDAY APRIL 28! I'M There... Same conditions apply for those who might want to sttend but might want to crash at my joint overnight (but I'm not driving!)

4 Herbo - Oatmeal Stout Joking... will work something out later
5 Mesa99 - Erm.. Let me think about that one.
6 Manticle: Unlbended 2 month old gueze, corona clone, Gose or berliner weisse
7 Vitalstatistix: Australian Lager
8 Iamozziyob: Tripel

@ lecter: jus' don't burn my taint a' th' witching hour and shay'll be upward the shinney sister widdershins turn.

It would might if you helped my drink and beered it.

I might be in this. A few others might lije brendo and maple.

I might be being this weekend

Back