• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Banora - Fs. Copper Immersion Chiller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banora brewer

Reaction score
Hi Brewers, I have got a Copper chiller for sale, just not suited for my system. Asking $70

Copper_immersion_Chiller.jpeg

why dont you be a philanthropist and give it away to a local brewer, consider it a slightly unfavourable currency fluctuation on the purchase of your urn
So you think I am made of money, I had the chiller before the(urn)!!!

Hi Brewers, I have got a Copper chiller for sale, just not suited for my system. Asking $70

View attachment 52608

I think I recognise that chiller. :p
it just dosent have the umph.
Have you tried the esky/pump/ice thingo? Why wouldn't that work?
Chill then take out chiller, whirlpool, rest, drain to fermenter. Too easy!

TP

Have you tried the esky/pump/ice thingo? Why wouldn't that work?
Chill then take out chiller, whirlpool, rest, drain to fermenter. Too easy!

TP

Pete, I think he actually meant the urn not having the umph, not the chiller.

When you chuck the chiller into the boil with 15 minutes to go the boil stalls and needs a while to ramp up again, during that time the 'program' stops so you add a few extra minutes to your boil, which then can screw with your hop additions etc.

When you chuck the chiller into the boil with 15 minutes to go the boil stalls and needs a while to ramp up again, during that time the 'program' stops so you add a few extra minutes to your boil, which then can screw with your hop additions etc.
Well put, that's what exactly what I meant!!!

Ahhh!
Thanks Florian.
When I had the immersion it was just a simple matter of ramping up the NASA at the same time. Still do this with the plate chiller. Only lose the rolling boil for under a minute whilst recirculating through the whirlpool tool.

TP

Back