Balter IPA Clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott_H

Reaction score
Hi,

Just throwing this out to the masses... has anyone got a AG clone recipe of Balter's IPA?

TIA

Not that I know of, here's an untested (by me) Pirate Life IPA that I assume I saved as a note from AHB, try to find that post maybe.
You can tweak this to taste and change up hops a a a decent base and work from there.
Screenshot_20190301-160119.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks Mate that looks like a very solid base recipe! I'll do some research and try find what hops they use.

I assume this is for a 21L batch?

Cheers

Thanks Mate that looks like a very solid base recipe! I'll do some research and try find what hops they use.

I assume this is for a 21L batch?

Cheers
I assume so, put it into some software, I've only got this screenshot as a reference, post will be in here somewhere still. Note 75 min boil too so adjust expected wort volume if not doing 75min.

*Edit. Boil time note, typos

hey would anyone be able to give me a recipe for Balter Captain Sensible or at least the hop bill. This is about the best mid strength beer that I’ve tasted

Did you end up finding an answer to this?
No you have won the prize for the first reply
I have been using the pirate life throwback recipe that is is a forum here(V2 or 3) which is a good low abv recipe and have been playing around with the hops
Having recently tasted a halter xpa I would say that the XP’s has the same hop bill or very similar so I thought I’d try that

definatly searching for the same Balter Captain Sensible recipe if anyone is able to help this thread

Hi guys,

I’ve been looking around for an Nvc all grain clone of the balter IPA with no luck, has anybody had better success? TIA

I don’t have balter ipa but u should try a bentspoke crankshaft clone discussed on this forum to get a beer similar to balter.

Ok perfect will do, I’ve tried them and they are good. Can’t find the exact recipe on here, is there a link available? Cheers

Just checking on the yeast, do I need to use all 3 or choose 1 packet? New to all grain brewing so may be a stupid question!!
I think you’re asking if you use just one of the types of yeast, not specifically how many satchels of the yeast you choose to use?
I personally like the US-05 yeast for this type of beer and I would use 2x 11g satchels of it in a 25l batch.

cheers big beers,
Ben

I think you’re asking if you use just one of the types of yeast, not specifically how many satchels of the yeast you choose to use?
I personally like the US-05 yeast for this type of beer and I would use 2x 11g satchels of it in a 25l batch.

cheers big beers,
Ben
Correct - thanks for clarifying, look forward to brewing this recipe

Hi guys - interested to know the outcome if I increase volume to 27L, leave the malt the same and according to BF this will reduce the ABV to 6%. Am brewing in a 65L BZ. Would this change affect the brew.

It will change it but that’s no reason not to proceed. I’m sure you’ll run it a few more times to tweak to what you like. Just keep accurate notes and maintain good records and you will come to understand what changes have what impact on final beer. Have fun, it will still be awesome !!

Latest posts

Back