Ballarat Sat Sept 10th meet.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lecterfan

Yeast, unleashed in the East...
Reaction score
It's about that time of year, and rather than do it all by private message I'll put it up here in case there are other potential new Ballarat brewers who might be keen to be involved.

Saturday 10th September at my place in Ballarat East. Kick off around 4pm, I'll serve some slow cooked charcoal something or other at around 7pm, then you can all f*ck off by midnight-ish.

$10 chuck in for food, BYO nibbles if you want them -I'll supply slow cooked meat, bread rolls and gravy.

My new place is in town with a small yard so I can't accomodate people to stay over like at previous events: car sleepers are fine out on the street of course (it's a quiet, semi-rural street).

I have gas if you want to bring a keg, but bring your own pluto or party tap. Most of you know the drill - any questions then PM or ask them in this thread. Bring some beers for others to taste, bring a glass/cup/mug to taste others' beer.

No dickheads or hangers-on: this is for brewers who are interested in brewing.

Maybe a few new faces might show up?

I'll come with a keg and Pluto.
Is it a brew day or just a get together?

billygoat said:
Even though you have a no dickheads policy I'll still be there on the 10th.
Me too. Thanks for the prod you blokes. Kids are a bit older now so I'm looking to get back into it. Did my first brew the other day since Sept last year! I should be right for the 10th at this stage.

I got a laugh out of this, see what ad showed up when I viewed the post without logging in. Are these the new faces?
image.png

Thanks for putting your hand up to host mate, but I shan't be there. 1st anniversary over that weekend - she's understanding, but not quite that understanding!

slcmorro said:
Thanks for putting your hand up to host mate, but I shan't be there. 1st anniversary over that weekend - she's understanding, but not quite that understanding!
Haha! A luxury all expenses paid night in Ballarat East?!???!!??? Come on now!

Big Lou said:
I'll come with a keg and Pluto.
Is it a brew day or just a get together?
Just a get together at this stage, Big Lou.

Dear Lecterfan, and thanks for the heads up Richy on twitter.
Would really like to attend especially about the noise I made a year ago about if the club was still going. Anyway I made a commitment on this forum to volunteer at Vicbrew this year and that falls on that weekend. I have just submitted my volunteer form so to be fair not sure if needed yet. So will just have to see what happens closer to the date. Cheers, Dan

No worries mate - I didn't take vicbrew etc into account, it just happened to be the first weekend that I was available and that suited a few of the other blokes. Anyway, now the weather is warming up and my time is getting freer hopefully there will be a few more shindigs over the summer months.

At this stage mate I can't get there. If that changes I will let you know.

Cheers

Chris

RSVPs here or by PM if you haven't already please...

Sorry Rich, I just got back from a week in Sydney and as I said earlier, I have to work tonight. Hope you all have a great night, and hope to catch up soon.

Awesome night, nice to meet you guys, all the beers were great. Inspired me to do a brew today even though the heads a bit fuzzy from last night.

I'll be brewing ASAP - seems my kegs are a fair bit lighter!!!

I'd love to brew that APA you had richy or Dave's black IPA. Best homebrew I've tasted

I didn't get to the BIPA...probably just as well, I was messy enough as it is. My APA is simple: %95 vienna, %5 biscuit, 1.053, your hops of choice (I used waimea and Mosaic) to 35 IBU with 45, 15, 10, 5, and 0 min additions and then dry hop.