Ballarat Beer Festival 2018

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Who went to the Beer festival yesterday and what were your thoughts on the new location etc and the festival in general?

I haven’t been for a few years but the oval was always packed full of people and no shade unless you were lucky enough to score a spot in the marquee. The lakeside location was fantastic, lots of shady areas and places to sit. They seem to be a lot more organised these days, plenty of chairs and tables and the lines to get a beer or a feed weren’t as long as they used to be.

Not sure if numbers were down on other years, it was hard to tell.

But all in all a great day out. I don’t think there was one brewer who didn’t have an NEIPA.

I made the trip up from Melbourne for the day. First time and I thought it was great. Definitely reckon the lakeside location was excellent, plenty of shade as you said and the breeze off the lake really kept the temperature nice.

Some great beers there for sure.

Well many said the beers were the best thing about it. But some say it was the tai chi classes for some reason....lol

27067743_10155004421770124_2027677551620290752_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back