Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Ballarat Beer Festival 2018

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Truman42, 20/1/18.

1. Truman42

Home Page:
    Posted 20/1/18
    Who went to the Beer festival yesterday and what were your thoughts on the new location etc and the festival in general?

I haven’t been for a few years but the oval was always packed full of people and no shade unless you were lucky enough to score a spot in the marquee. The lakeside location was fantastic, lots of shady areas and places to sit. They seem to be a lot more organised these days, plenty of chairs and tables and the lines to get a beer or a feed weren’t as long as they used to be.

Not sure if numbers were down on other years, it was hard to tell.

But all in all a great day out. I don’t think there was one brewer who didn’t have an NEIPA.

2. eldertaco

Posted 21/1/18
    I made the trip up from Melbourne for the day. First time and I thought it was great. Definitely reckon the lakeside location was excellent, plenty of shade as you said and the breeze off the lake really kept the temperature nice.

Some great beers there for sure.

Truman42 likes this.
  3. Truman42

Home Page:
    Posted 22/1/18
    Well many said the beers were the best thing about it. But some say it was the tai chi classes for some reason....lol

27067743_10155004421770124_2027677551620290752_n.jpg

DU99 likes this.
  4. slcmorro

87 Warning Points. Bad Boy!

Posted 22/1/18
    I enjoyed it. A bit too much actually :p

Truman42 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted