Ball Lock Tank Plugs To Suit Coke Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobbo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions where I might source some of these at a cheaper price than $18.95ea :( as sold by Grain & Grape. They are called a "Taylor Type" with an external thread on the base and seem to be different to those sold by morebeer that suit the regular corny style kegs.

Cheers
Wobbo

I popped into "Just brew it" at Kogarah and got some 2nd hand ball lock posts for $10 each. They screwed straight into the coke kegs I have

I'm on the lookout for some of these taylor type plugs now so if anyone know where I might be able to get them from (brisbane or via mail) woudl love to hear about it.

Grape and Grain have these at $23 each so was hoping to get them a little cheaper then this, second hand if possible..

(Already tired quality homebrew, hadn't heard of them)

i have some Tank plugs - virtually new - if u can post a pic of teh taylor plug - i will see if they are the same.

GMK, Here is a pic from grain and grape's website. i do not have any of my own to show you though I do have a pic of the keg as well (also attached)

Cheers!

plutofitting.jpg

my_kegs.jpg

do you need poppets as well...

how many - mine look like those - but dont know for sure if they fit...

PM SENT GMK.

Thanks Fingerlickin, if GMK agrees they look the same then they should fit easily.

will measure for 1/2Inch BSP

Sorry guys - i thought i had some - but they all have female threads - no male threads.

So if anyone needs some female threaded Tank Plugs - then i have some.

So if anyone needs some female threaded Tank Plugs - then i have some.

what size is the thread kenny ? - 1/2Inch BSP ?

cheers

Ok - it is a female thread approx 15mm accross which is less tahn 3/8 "BSP - so i might be 5/16"...

I dont really know - except that they definately fit Cornelius and so i have been told - Firestone kegs.

Just talked to Lancer Pacific - they have teh male threaded 1/r" BSP.
my buy it price is 22.00 inc GST...

Finding out if they come with Poppets.

Let em know if you are interested.

GMK, would be interested to hear if they do come with poppets or not.

Just one thing, I tried to measure the place where the plug goes in and it seems to be around 18mm... which is a little over 1/2 inch.

Slugger,

Don't concern yourself.

I have the very same kegs and they accept 1/2" plugs...I can post pics tonight if you are really worried about it :)

PZ.

sluggerdog said:
GMK, would be interested to hear if they do come with poppets or not.

Just one thing, I tried to measure the place where the plug goes in and it seems to be around 18mm... which is a little over 1/2 inch.
[post="98683"][/post]​

BSP sizing is based on the nominal bore (inside diameter) of the pipe so the external threads will be larger.

i can only get 5 of each and they come with poppets ... so i am told

They are on there way from sydney...

will need to charge u guys 25.00 ea or 2 for 47.50 to cover teh freight from sydney.

Yeah, the poppets are "captive" in these, hence they are usually supplied with poppets fitted.

They can however be accessed by means of removing a small clip up through the base of the plug :)

PZ.

We have tank posts for $4.95 + first class mail...BUCKETS of them from all the kegs we've scrapped out over the years.
If you need any, let us know EXACLTY what type you need.
Matt, The WET-cold keg guy in N. Calif.

Latest posts

Back