Ball lock dip tube o'rings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logman

The most interesting man on AHB
Reaction score
I've been buying dip tube and gas tube o'rings from ebay for the last year or so and they're about 7 bux for 10 but they are useless. The washers that were originally on the kegs when I bought them second hand years ago were much harder (I think a few were red). They were firmer silicone, you couldn't squeeze them with your thumb and finger like you can with a silicone hose. Are these ones still around? I just saw this link in another thread and they seem like they might be them, or can anyone suggest where they are available online.

Ball lock kegs.

Had a bit of a look on American forums and found this, I might just get the measurements and buy round orange silicone ones from an o'ring shop. The ones I originally had were collar shape and silicone, that's what I'm after, the ebay ones I've been getting are collar shape but rubbish rubber..

Ball lock kegs.
Yes but what make are your ball lock kegs? Are we talking Mytton Rodd ball lock kegs, Cornelius ball lock kegs or something else?

The link in your OP is for Mytton Rodd O’ rings.

Yep
M/R are 10mm Corny, Spartanburg... are mostly 8mm, or more likely the imperial equivalent.
If the post has a male thread (1/2"BSP) its M/R, if its a female thread on the post its one of the others.
The M/R dip tube seal is a cylindrical rubber piece, the rest just use an O-Ring, tho when they are new its often a square section ring but all the replacement ones are just conventional O-Rings.
I find a couple of turns of thread tape over the O-Ring firm them up very well. Just slide the O-Ring down the tube away from the flared end, take a couple of turns with the tape so its going over the O-Ring and laying flat on the tube either side. Drop it into the keg, press it down and fit the post.
Mark

Yep
M/R are 10mm Corny, Spartanburg... are mostly 8mm, or more likely the imperial equivalent.
If the post has a male thread (1/2"BSP) its M/R, if its a female thread on the post its one of the others.
The M/R dip tube seal is a cylindrical rubber piece, the rest just use an O-Ring, tho when they are new its often a square section ring but all the replacement ones are just conventional O-Rings.
I find a couple of turns of thread tape over the O-Ring firm them up very well. Just slide the O-Ring down the tube away from the flared end, take a couple of turns with the tape so its going over the O-Ring and laying flat on the tube either side. Drop it into the keg, press it down and fit the post.
Mark
Nice, thanks! I thought the originals were cylinder shape, seems like they were a tougher silicone too 👍

Latest posts

Back