Bag Less Vacuum Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clutch

Brew your own beer, you'll save money.
Reaction score
Pardon the pun, but my vacuum sucks. Has anyone bought a Dyson and not had it **** up on them?

I have had the DC33 for about 6 months now and no complaints yet. It is an upright cleaner so I was a bit scepticle about it as I have a large house with stairs. It has a telescopic wand that does the stairs and can get under low bearing furniture like beds and coffee tables etc.

Some people say this one is noisy but I find it no noisier than any other vacuum cleaner I have used, including Electrolux, Vax and Miele.

The suction is fantastic but I have heard of mixed issues regarding Dysons. Some people loved them and others had problems with their models.

If I were to be picky and have to find something wrong with it, I would say that the cord can sometimes get in the way when using it. However, this is common for most upright vacuums.

I took the plunge and bought one and would recommend it to anyone else based on the experience I have had with it. A great machine imo.

For the amount we spent on ours it better work for another 30 years...!

We have a DC23 (I think!)
http://www.dyson.com.au/store/hmc.asp

Main issue is all the hair gets caught up in the vacuum head, but can be cleaned easily. And as such it works a treat as there is not pet or people hair on the floor now.

In saying the above they are a great little unit, we have had no issues and works perfectly still after 18months of usage.

Pricey - yes! But no bags and easy to empty, hoping it lasts a long time.

Pardon the pun, but my vacuum sucks. Has anyone bought a Dyson and not had it **** up on them?
Borrowed my parents upright model when we moved into our new house.
The shit that thing picked up was amazing. I filled the barrel 1.5 times in the main bedroom alone.
But I suppose that's what happens when you buy a house from a couple of chain smoking bogans.

Anyway we're gonna pick up one in the sales.

ummmm, why ask us?

My wife does all the vacuuming, just like she should.... :)

Just got a Dyson dc29. Sucks awesome compared to the crappy Volta one we were using before. Only had it for about a month but very happy so far

We've had the upright allergy one for over 3 years, still going strong, no issues at all.

why bag less?

any way I did a HEAP of research on vac's make sure you get a power head and not a turbo head.
turbo head = uses the vacuum suction to move the brush
power head = uses a motor to move the brush to open the pile and then a bar to beat the carpet and dislodge the dust and allowing the vac to suck it all up.

i got this one
http://www.godfreys.com.au/vacuum-cleaners...raded-powerhead

carpet comes up brand new every time!

it also has a light on it to tell you when that part of carpet is clean!

and most of all,,,,,,,,,
THE MISSUS LOVES IT! ;)

why bag less?

Because I can use our drag along dyson to clean up after renovation work such as saw dust and plaster dust and it doesn't lose suction until the plaster dust clogs the filter in the wheel after about 6 or so canister empties. Happily sucks up wood chips and nails too. Give it a blow with the air compressor and is good as new. I even taped the hose to my electric sander dust outlet.

Oh and the dyson cleans carpets and tiles well too.

My Mum has the upright (that I bought for her) and she reckons she likes the drag along we have better.

We've got a dc29 that's closing on 4 years old. Probably the best vac we've had. Our aging labrador sheds hair like you wouldn't believe and it doesn't bother the dyson at all.

Our aging labrador ... doesn't bother the dyson at all.
Dogs on the other hand are quite often bothered by vacuum cleaners. My parents' poodle used to go mental when I sucked her tail into the vacuum hose and she would go ballistic if I tried to vacuum her ears.

Some dogs don't like the noise but perhaps the poodle just preferred to be dirty?

>$1k on a vacuum cleaner! thats madness!

If you have the cash you can't beat or kill a dyson.

Dogs on the other hand are quite often bothered by vacuum cleaners. My parents' poodle used to go mental when I sucked her tail into the vacuum hose and she would go ballistic if I tried to vacuum her ears.
That's not too bad. I've never had a dog that would even be in the same room as a vacuum cleaner.

>$1k on a vacuum cleaner! thats madness!
Yep. Even on sale they cost more than any car I've owned has ever been worth once I sold it.

Some dogs don't like the noise but perhaps the poodle just preferred to be dirty?

Shadow's gotten a bit deaf these days. I have to prod him with the upholstery head to make him get off the lounge so I can clean it B)

I have little relatives that ain't so little anymore who are scared for their lives when you approach them with a vaccum cleaner.

Wait... what's this about again?

We bought a Dyson upright three years ago, on special for $600, down from $900. It's amazing how much it sucks - in a good way, but when hair & fibres gets tangled in the brush roller it loses efficiency, and need the head pulled apart and the obstructions cut away.

got a dyson had it for over 5 years never had a problem with it. saying that the father in law killed 3 of them but that was commercial cleaning of offices. the only other one ive seen damaged or dead was on that a bull mastif rock wheeler pup chewed up the cord.

Back