Bad Yeasties..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve@PMF82

Simplicity is perfection
Reaction score
Here is a new one guys and girls.

Me: Do you want a beer?

Dad: nah

Me: why not?

Dad: im not drinking beer anymore. (note usually only drinks at golf club, usual mega swill varieties)

Me: why not? X 3

Dad: nutritionist says that the yeast in the beer is bad for my skin.

me: ahh the beer you drink has no yeast left in it...its filtered and pasteurized.

Dad: ohh , well this lady has initials after her name so she must know something..

My beer does have yeast in it so the my argument is somewhat mute.
I go on to explain that my beer is nothing like commercial beer, its pretty much a natural product made from scratch.

No dice, gives up.

Anyway anyone else heard of yeast being bad for their skin...

Did he give up bread, pizza and vegemite also?

A quick search found http://www.askanaturopath.com/faqs/yeast-good-or-bad/p/333

Which stated
Beneficial nutritional yeasts

* Brewers Yeast (Saccharomyces carlsbergensis, Saccharomyces uvarum, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Saccharomyces pastorianus) is produced as a by product of beer brewing. It contains many vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin B, Zinc, Chromium, Iron, Magnesium, Folic acid and Biotin. Its beneficial effect on the body is to enhance the functioning of the immune system due to the Beta Glucan polysaccharides, normalising blood sugar levels, improve energy production and suppression of unfavourable bacterias (although has no effect on Candida).
* Torula Yeast is a derivative of molasses. It contains B Vitamins, Chromium, amino acids and Selenium.
* Bakers Yeast (Saccharomyces carlsbergensis, Saccharomyces uvarum or Saccharomyces cerevisiae) is a strain of yeast used in the baking industry of bread production which produces large amounts of carbon dioxide and is made by adding water to molasses. This yeast yields Beta 1 3 Glucans which support immunity.

Also this website http://www.angelfire.com/md/cookiemueller/pimplescure.html
You should take 200 to 400 I.U.s of vitamin E daily. The B complex vitamins should not be ignored. They help reduce facial oiliness and blackhead formation. B vitamins are the single most important factor for health of the nerves and proper functioning of the nervous system. It is proven that emotional stress and nervousness contribute to acne problems. The best way to get the B complex is Brewer's Yeast. It contains 40% highest quality protein and is an excellent source of most minerals and trace elements. It contains 16 amino acids. Amino acids are the basic units of digested protein.

Never heard anything about it, I'm assuming it couldn't be has bad as the sun though? Sounds like something you would read in a tabloid lol

wow never thought beer was so good for you lol but I guess all in moderation. I have never heard of anything to do with yeast being bad for skin. isnt that just old age or did he tell her he was 21 when he is really 85 lol

Untreated yeast infections are bad for the skin...

I too have initials after my name!

(I also have great skin ;) )

Untreated yeast infections are bad for the skin...

I too have initials after my name!

(I also have great skin ;) )

Yeah initials before ones name seem to hold more cudos than initials after ones name :D

Yeah initials before ones name seem to hold more cudos than initials after ones name :D

Oh I have them too, only it's more of an abbreviation than a set of initials... :p

ha sounds like a bloke i know who wont eat any small fish anymore because his natuepath told him that small fish have a lot of mercury in them but large fish are safe because they dont eat off the bottom. tried to explain that the big fish eat little fish and that mercury builds up to a higher level in them because its an accumulative toxin but he would not have a bar of it. just means more sardines for me i guess!

Back