Back to brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burrumbrewer

Reaction score
Hi all,

it's been over 4 years since i made a beer and thought i better get back into it again.

Anyway, g'day to all and look forward to reading all the educational posts on this site.

Also if anyone could put me in contact with Dion Barlin (Barls) it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Faron (Burrumbrewer)

Welcome, Faron. Enjoy the forum and brewing. What types of beer are you planning to make this time?

Hey Faron,

Welcome aboard mate. I've had a forced hiatus from brewing the last couple of years, but hopefully will be getting back into it soon as well.

Lots of good info on here, but can take a bit of searching to find some times. Lots of the old guard have moved on, but there's a few brewers on here who still know their stuff (MHB for example).

Not quite as active on here as it was a few years ago (for a whole host of reasons), but I'd wager most questions you've got have been asked before.

If you stick to the basics (sanitisation, yeast health and pitch rate, fermentation temp control and good packaging techniques - all which can be achieved without heaps of fancy gear) your beer will be excellent. Many an award winning HB has been made with the most basic equipment by sticking to these above principles.

Good luck mate.

JD

Hey Faron,

Welcome aboard mate. I've had a forced hiatus from brewing the last couple of years, but hopefully will be getting back into it soon as well.

Lots of good info on here, but can take a bit of searching to find some times. Lots of the old guard have moved on, but there's a few brewers on here who still know their stuff (MHB for example).

Not quite as active on here as it was a few years ago (for a whole host of reasons), but I'd wager most questions you've got have been asked before.

If you stick to the basics (sanitisation, yeast health and pitch rate, fermentation temp control and good packaging techniques - all which can be achieved without heaps of fancy gear) your beer will be excellent. Many an award winning HB has been made with the most basic equipment by sticking to these above principles.

Good luck mate.

JD
Thanks JD, am looking forward to getting into it again.

I think a lot on here have had a hiatus at some stage, i stopped when we moved and had small house .
Then we bought a much larger house then the kids came and then i just forgot about it for a while, started back up when a mate gave me another fermenter and then moved to AG.

I think a lot on here have had a hiatus at some stage, i stopped when we moved and had small house .
Then we bought a much larger house then the kids came and then i just forgot about it for a while, started back up when a mate gave me another fermenter and then moved to AG.
Same here. Used to do Kit and Kilo, had kids, mothballed my gear and 15 or so years later started up again. K+K for the first couple to get my hand back in and then moved to BIAB.

The explosion of craft beer sort of triggered my return.
Needed to make my love for craft beer more economical on the pocket.

Latest posts

Back