Back In The Game - A Reintroduction

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Econwatson

Reaction score
Hi All,

Hopefully some of you remember me, I'll give you an update on my life since AHB, and my return to brewing!

In mid-2013 I had to return to the UK from Melbourne because I couldn't get a permanent residency. My girlfriend and I did long distance for 3(!) years while she could get her PR sorted out and I could apply as her partner.

Now I'm back in Melbourne! (as of June this year). It's great to be back. My brewery arrived about 3 months later. I'd given up brewing in the UK due to other hobbies and not enough mates to drink it (and numerous overheating issues with this system's element.

Now I'm going to pester you all in the appropriate sections with some questions. I'm sure there's been a lot of gossip/forum riots since I've been away and I look forward on catching up on it all.

So, hi again! It's great to be back.

rs6EBtg.jpg

Welcome back. Play nice and we'll all get along. Try not to feed the trolls...
Brew/drink good beer and share many pics/stories.

Welcome back.

Now here's something you may be able to advise, I'm toying with the idea of eventually going the opposite way of yourself and heading back to Northumberland to live in the lovely bracing climate. How much did it cost to have your brewery sent over and by what method? (container etc)

I remember your previous presence on the forum, happy brewing this time around. :super:

Hi Bribie, great to see you're still here!

Having a 1V build certainly helped with regard to cost, but I'd really recommend Seven Seas worldwide. They charge by the box (with a maximum weight of 25kg per box). Mine was only about 130GBP for two boxes. So definitely worth it. Just be prepared to wait for 3 months :)

You probably have a load of stuff so they offer things called "Move Cubes" which are little shipping containers they drop off at your house and you can fill up.

Bribie G said:
Welcome back.

Now here's something you may be able to advise, I'm toying with the idea of eventually going the opposite way of yourself and heading back to Northumberland to live in the lovely bracing climate. How much did it cost to have your brewery sent over and by what method? (container etc)

I remember your previous presence on the forum, happy brewing this time around. :super:
When I went back to the UK at the end of 2013, I shipped about 6 boxes back which included my crown urn and what little other brewing gear I had. I used Seven Seas and shipping was around $500. Cost almost double that to get it all shipped back year before last. Actually, it was cheap to get it to Australia, but cost almost the same to get it from Adelaide to Darwin.

After 4 years I too am able to rejoin the homebrewing world, due to life circumstances finally allowing it. First time I've been on this site in years and am putting in my grain/yeast/hop order this week.

Best of luck.

Latest posts

Back