Back after 10 yrs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJH

Reaction score
Hi I never stopped loving home brew over shop bought beer so after 10 years of weak tastless beer lookalike, Iam starting again.

AJH

Thanks Mardoo, I have been trying to remember how I used to reculture coopers sparkling ale yeast but what I have seen so far on this site is a bit more complex. I used to leave the mud in the bottom of the bottle and then add malt and sugar i think? then bung a cork with a bubbler and wait but after 10 years its all abit hazey Ill keep looking .

AJH said:
Thanks Mardoo, I have been trying to remember how I used to reculture coopers sparkling ale yeast but what I have seen so far on this site is a bit more complex. I used to leave the mud in the bottom of the bottle and then add malt and sugar i think? then bung a cork with a bubbler and wait but after 10 years its all abit hazey Ill keep looking .
I read on Coopers website a couple years ago that they recommended reculturing their yeast with only cooled boiled water and sugar. I gave it a go and was surprised to find it actually worked.

Thanks Mardoo, I have found those links but I recon I never went thruogh that much trouble, I just cant remember or find just how much sugar or malt or water that I added

In South Australia he was born. Heave away, haul away.

Welcome, good luck and happy brewing.

10 year hiatus ! He's baaaaack.
Which area of S A .

Latest posts

Back