Babbs September Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bconnery

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBs) monthly meeting will be held Thursday September 23, 2010 at Lynndon Bowls Club, Galsworthy Street, Holland Park, Qld. Arrive 7:30pm for an 8:00pm start.

Visitors are always welcome. Bring along a few tallies to share and compare.

The mini-comp this month is Belgian Ales.
At the time of entry, beers must be nominates into BABB's beer classes 8a (Belgian Wit), 8b (Belgian Blonde), 8c (Belgian Dubbel) or 8d (Belgian Tripel).

Thanks for the heads up.

I will be there after work around 8:30pm.

I wont be bringing the keg and trolley via public transport this time, but hope to bring a couple of bottles to share.

Anyone interested in doing a brand x versus brand y taste test of two beers I'll be bringing along, to see what differences they can discern if any, I'll be there around 7.15 and we can give them a slurp.

I've looked into blind triangle testing and it's not possible given the nature of the venue etc but a rough and ready side-by-side will be useful. I'll toss a coin to determine which gets called x and which gets called y

:icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

As I'll be in the big smoke with work, I hope to get along, if that's OK with all concerned? :icon_cheers:

Anyone interested in doing a brand x versus brand y taste test of two beers I'll be bringing along, to see what differences they can discern if any, I'll be there around 7.15 and we can give them a slurp.

I've looked into blind triangle testing and it's not possible given the nature of the venue etc but a rough and ready side-by-side will be useful. I'll toss a coin to determine which gets called x and which gets called y

:icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

I'm interested (if I'm not driving :rolleyes: ).

Opened a bottle from a batch of Belgian Pale last night I brewed about 6 months back I pretty much forgot about since going to kegging... Nice and spicy and the aging has let it dry out quite nicely. Worthy of an entry tonight me thinks.

Opened a bottle from a batch of Belgian Pale last night I brewed about 6 months back I pretty much forgot about since going to kegging... Nice and spicy and the aging has let it dry out quite nicely. Worthy of an entry tonight me thinks.
Except that our classes don't include Belgian Pale as yet...
But bring a bottle anyway!

It actually may fit into the Belgian blonde category at a pinch... It's light and strong!!!

Looking at my notes it's calculated as 12 EBC and 7.5% ABV 27 IBU... So hopefully it fits.
Did it before I started using beersmith so haven't checked it out yet.

Latest posts

Back