BABBs October Meeting - Mini Comp #6 Pilsner & Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edschache

Reaction score
The BABBs August meeting will be held on Thursday, October 24th, at the Lynndon Bowls Club, 47 Galsworthy St, Holland Park West

Arrive 7:30pm for an 8:00pm start.

Mini Comp No. 6:- Pilsner & Lager

At time of entry, beer must be nominated into BABB's beer classes:
2.1 Australian Lager,
2.2 Australian Premium Lager,
2.3 Pale Continental Lager,
2.4 Munich Helles,
2.5 Dortmunder,
2.6 Classic American Pilsner,
2.7 German Pilsner,
2.8 Bohemian Pilsner,
2.9 Oktoberfest/Märzen,
2.10 Vienna Lager,
2.11 California Common Beer,
2.12 Munich Dunkel,
2.13 Schwarzbier (Black Beer).

As always, Visitors are welcome. Bring along a few of your beers to share and compare.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,

Ed

p.s the newsletter is up on the website

bump in case people missed the post between midnight and 4am - probably not the best time to post it....

Do you have to be a member to enter the compition and how many classes can you enter?

Members can enter two beers - one for points and one for feedback. These cannot be the same sub style.

Guests can enter for points only, and I'd guess you can enter two as well, but would need to confirm.

What have you got to bring Joey?

Cheers

A red lager that I dryhopped with galaxy that I was hopeing to enter in the 2.13 Schwarzbier catagory (it is my profile pic) and a Pilsner that I just tasted for the first time about 2 minutes ago that is going to be downgraded to the australian lager class. It just didn't turn out bitter or hoppy enough to fit in the american pilsner class (well my limited understanding of that class anyway I get all my style info from the spreadsheet) but it is clear and clean tasting. I am really just interested to get some opinions from people that know a bit about beer (and taste a few myself :) ).
Also is one tally of each the entry size?

Yes mate, a Tallie or PET of each.

Bring a spare bottle or two of each along as well and share it around - plenty of people to hit up for feedback.

Cheers

any new guys around Cleveland way shoot me a PM if you want a lift.

Cheers
Mark

Looks like I'm not gonna make it tonight.... Buggered up my knee yesterday and can't drive ATM.

If anyone nearby is able to offer me a lift, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

any new guys around Cleveland way shoot me a PM if you want a lift.

Cheers
Mark

I'm close enough, you can come grab me ;-)

NickB said:
Looks like I'm not gonna make it tonight.... Buggered up my knee yesterday and can't drive ATM.

If anyone nearby is able to offer me a lift, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
you shouldn't have moved to the wrong side of town :p

Without a suitable lift, I'm definitely considering loading up on painkillers and pushing through the pain to drive.....

Back