Babbs Nov Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
(Hopefully I've got this right)- the Nov meeting is on the Friday night, 26/11/10 , same time and venue as usual.

(Hopefully I've got this right)- the Nov meeting is on the Friday night, 26/11/10 , same time and venue as usual.

Correct Perry,

Here is a snip from the club email

November Meeting
Members,
Just an early reminder that the November meeting and Xmas breakup will take place on Friday November the 26th at Lyndon Bowls Club, Galsworthy Street, Holland Park, Qld.
Arrive 7:00pm for an 7:30pmish start.

As is traditional for the last meeting of the year, members are requested to bring a plate (with something tasty on it).
The usual snack food (cheese, chips, nuts etc.) will be provided by the club so please bring something a little more adventurous.

Bring along some of your finest to share for the start of the festive season.
The club will be providing gas if you want to bring along kegs.

cheers

Browndog

I'm nearly always good for a Thursday but almost invariably working on Friday evening, as on this occasion, so see yas in January.

Any reason for the Friday this time? I was going to crank out my famous sausage rolls for the occasion :(
I also understand from a source that Jan will actually be the bitters and pale ale minicomp, not Feb. Time to get brewing soon?

I will still be in Brisbane (recovering from the Test Match on Thurs), but fly back to Adelaide Sat morning. Maybe I could sneak in for a quiet ale... :icon_drool2:

Will discuss with Chap Chap this Fri night at his place... :beerbang:

I will still be in Brisbane (recovering from the Test Match on Thurs), but fly back to Adelaide Sat morning. Maybe I could sneak in for a quiet ale... :icon_drool2:

Will discuss with Chap Chap this Fri night at his place... :beerbang:

Chap Chap??? Used to know a brewer by that name :unsure:

As said above the Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBs) November meeting and Xmas breakup will be held Friday November 26th, 2010 at Lynndon Bowls Club, Galsworthy Street, Holland Park, Qld. Arrive 7:00pm for an 7:30pm start.

Members are requested to bring a plate of something tasty. The usual club snacks will be provided so please bring something that isn't cheese and crackers...

Come along for the announcement of the Most Consistent Brewer and a chance to start of the festive season.

Gas will be provided if members wish to bring kegs.

The schedule for next year will be published in the newsletter but I don't think it hurts to say yes @BribieG, the Bitters and Pale Ales mini-comp has been moved to January for the upcoming year...

Just a reminder that Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBs) November meeting and Xmas breakup will be held Friday November 26th, 2010 at Lynndon Bowls Club, Galsworthy Street, Holland Park, Qld. Arrive 7:00pm for an 7:30pm start.

Members are requested to bring a plate of something tasty. The usual club snacks will be provided so please bring something that isn't cheese and crackers...

Come along for the announcement of the Most Consistent Brewer and a chance to start of the festive season.

Gas will be provided if members wish to bring kegs.

On another housekeeping note the notification lists and website access has been updated to reflect our membership for 2010/11 so if you are having any issues with access or aren't receiving notifications please email [email protected] with your name and email address so it can be determined if there's a problem or if we need to hassle you to re-join :)

The competition schedule outlining the categories and classes for next year is now available on the Babbs website.

You need to be a member to access the schedule so contact the webmaster if you have issues logging in.

http://www.babbrewers.com/

Ben,

I have been to the last two meetings and would like to become a member but won't be attending the Xmas break on Friday. Is there any way I can sign up before the meeting in Jan so I can get the schedule for next year?

Cheers.

Ben,

I have been to the last two meetings and would like to become a member but won't be attending the Xmas break on Friday. Is there any way I can sign up before the meeting in Jan so I can get the schedule for next year?

Cheers.

I wouldn't join the committee is dodgy have you heard of the qaawbg?

Cheers

Paul

Damn! .... Foiled again. Bloody work!!

I've been trying to make it to a meeting to meet you guys for about 4 months. It seems your meetings are timed perfectly to my night shifts! Next year for sure.

I think I've got a bottle of Geoff's doppelbock lying around, I'll bring it along if I find it (and a keg).

Sorry I missed this meeting, was a little weary after a big day at the Gabba! Hopefully next time I am up QLD way.

are these meetings an invite only or is the general hb public welcome to attend?

Back