Babbs May Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkey7

Reaction score
Brewers,

Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBs) monthly meeting will be held this Thursday, May 24th at the Lynndon Bowls Club, 47 Galsworthy St, Holland Park West.

Note - There are 5 Fridays this month, so please don't turn up next week in error.

Arrive 7:30pm for an 8:00pm start.

This months meeting is a social night showcasing this years Mash Paddle entries (fruit beers). We will also be making the Mash Paddle winner announcement.

Don't forget to bring some bottles (4 or 5) or a keg of your Mash Paddle beer to share (gas supplied).

Visitors are always welcome. Bring along a few of your beers to share and compare.

As always, we look forward to seeing you there!

PB

Anyone from down the bayside keen on attending this Thursday?

Can't make it this month unfortunately: question, what is the date of this years BABBs Annual Comp? It was mentioned at the last meeting but the BABBs site still says date TBA.
Was it around third week July???

Time to crank up that urn :lol:

From the newsletter:

Annual Competition: This years major prize is a trip to ANHC including air fares, accommodation and conference package.
The competition will be held on Sunday, July 29th. Entries will be due by Saturday, July 14th.
Entries can be delivered to June meeting, or dropped off at Craftbrewer.

Thanks, Florian, just about to get the mill out B)

Edit: the BABBs site is now down (It must have died from shock when I logged in earlier) - thinking of doing an Dusseldorf Alt, do you know if there's a category for that? Reckoned you'd be the guy to ask.

I somehow got 8.4 in my head, but could be completely off the Mark. But it's definately in there somewhere.

I somehow got 8.4 in my head, but could be completely off the Mark. But it's definately in there somewhere.

7C: Dusseldorf Alt
(unless the style guidelines have changed recently)

Thanks, Florian, just about to get the mill out B)

Edit: the BABBs site is now down (It must have died from shock when I logged in earlier) - thinking of doing an Dusseldorf Alt, do you know if there's a category for that? Reckoned you'd be the guy to ask.

Stop breaking the website, Bribie ;)

Assuming you're talking BABBs annual comp category, yes, according to my previously downloaded copy of the 2012 schedule, Dsseldorf Altbier is 5.8 (and Northern German Altbier is 5.7 - both from Class No. 5 Amber & Dark Ale).

And yes, the dates mentioned by Florian are correct (thanks Florian!).

Cheers,
tallie

Thanks, guys, website has awoken from its slumber and I'm right on it :D

Stop breaking the website, Bribie ;)

Assuming you're talking BABBs annual comp category, yes, according to my previously downloaded copy of the 2012 schedule, Dsseldorf Altbier is 5.8 (and Northern German Altbier is 5.7 - both from Class No. 5 Amber & Dark Ale).

And yes, the dates mentioned by Florian are correct (thanks Florian!).

Cheers,
tallie

Oops, my bad (quoting BJCP)

Latest posts

Back