Babb's June Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bconnery

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Brewers,

The Babb'ss June meeting will be held this Thursday, June 28, at the Lynndon Bowls Club, 47 Galsworthy St, Holland Park West

Arrive 7:30pm for an 8:00pm start.

This month's minicomp is Class No.6 Porters and Stouts. Entries must belong to one of the following classes - 6.1 Brown Porter, 6.2 Robust Porter, 6.3 Baltic Porter, 6.4 Dry Stout, 6.5 Sweet Stout, 6.6 Oatmeal Stout, 6.7 Foreign Extra Stout, 6.8 American Stout.

Visitors are always welcome. Bring along a few of your beers to share and compare.

As always, we look forward to seeing you there!

Anyone from the Redlands want to carpool. I'm keen. PM me.

If you can get SWMBO or somebody to deliver you and later collect you from the Shell at the Gateway / OCR interchange I'll be through there around 6.45

Looks like I might be sorted! Saved me finding one of SWMBO's skirts that would fit :p

Looking forward to seeing you there. If you can sit at the same table for the minicomp as me and Florian, I'm bringing my attempt at currywurst for nibblies ( I want Florian's assessment as I'll be doing some for Winkle's do)

Looking forward to seeing you there. If you can sit at the same table for the minicomp as me and Florian, I'm bringing my attempt at currywurst for nibblies ( I want Florian's assessment as I'll be doing some for Winkle's do)

Will do Bribie!

woot, I'm coming as well. Unfortunately I can't bring any beers with me as I only have my Lizgarden Grand Cru kegged. Can you pour kegged beers into bottles and do they survive ok? I've never tried it, but I would assume too much CO2 would be lost. I've still got a counter pressure bottle filler on the purchasing list, but it is a fair way down the list.

Am I likely to get put on potato peeling duty if I turn up to the meeting without any bottles?? :D

Looking forward to meeting you Angus, if I haven't done so already (I have awful problems linking AHB guys with their real persona ) :lol: thanks for the hop buy - bring a couple of Dan's best.
I'm the guy with the snow white buzz cut and the sort of Welsh Accent.

I'll be wearing a black fleece top which is married to me during the current freezing snap B)

Some nice commercial beers will get you out of potatoe peeling duties for sure, Angus

lots of people fill directly from the tap including me. Just burp your keg beforehand and apply just enough Co2 to get a trickle flow.

There you go, two options to get you out of trouble...

looking forward to seeing you there, bring some progress Reports on your brewery build.

lots of people fill directly from the tap including me. Just burp your keg beforehand and apply just enough Co2 to get a trickle flow.
This is what I do, works great :)

Fill her right to the brim too - keeps the oxygen out (likely to have some froth, just as good).

I bring my beers in 1.25L goonie bottles. :icon_cheers:

I am curious as to what time it would finish and how many beers to bring. I am only new to this but I can bring some beers that I have made along. I would probably be alone, I will be coming from Brighton, I guess straight down the highway. The main reason I ask what time it finishes is I will be working early Fri morning and need to know if I will get enough sleep. ;-)

It's wound up by 11, but really can leave whenever you need to. Some of us good looking folks don't need that much beauty sleep :p

Bring a tallie, 2, whatever you want. Enough for you to share some and get some feedback etc.

I might come in, ill bring a few bottles, 500ml, I won't be able to have much as I will be driving bit I might just leave at about 930 as I need to start work at 430.

yeh, I'll be driving too. I thought it a bit much to ask the wife to drive me to the meeting and come back at 11:30 or so to pick me up. Oh, and looking after our 5 week old boy at the same time... :)

I'll bring a couple of tallies of my Lizgarden Grand Cru. It did calculate out to 7.2% so maybe drivers should steer clear. :D It's not bad for a first attempt at an extract brew. It will be interesting to see what some experienced AGer's think about it.

Hi Angus, I'm just bottling off an Aussie Lager and a Yorkshire gold in Aldi's best bottles :rolleyes:

20120628_162317.jpg

Back