Babb's June Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everybody,

Nice to put some face to names. The unfortunate thing is that in a months time I will have forgotten the names. Ha ha.

Michael: sorry we didnt have time for a chat afterwards but the wife had been struggling with our 5 week old and I took off straight after the judging finished.

I will definitely have to not drive next time. Some nice beers going around.

I'll be back next month.

Angus.

I agree. Was a great night. Everyone was really friendly and helpful for a novice like me.

Definitely have to tee up a designated driver next time though. Looking forward to the next meeting.

It was great to see some more good looking blokes come to the club.

Now I'm not the only one :ph34r:

:lol:

Ha ha. I assume you're talking about me there :kooi:

Lot of knowledge out there too. Going to soak up as much as I can before I get into an AG setup.

Well done Rowy, sneaking in a damm good porter (and not wearing a dress :huh:).

Maybe I should throw my LizGarden Grand Cru into the Belgian strong ale category for next months meeting. Nahh, my fragile ego couldn't handle the scruiteneering yet. ha ha..

Besides, I'd like to use the correct yeast and the right amount of ingredients, etc, etc before I got any formal critiques. Time to buy another two Big W pots and put on some more extract brews. I have fallen back onto knocking out a kit brew (Coopers Saaz pilsener) because of time constraints and the fact I had butchered my current Big W pot for the Brau-clone build.

I tasted some nice beers from random people. I think my choice was the brown porter. I can't remember whose that was, maybe Parks? It was cool just rocking up to someone who had a bottle and sticking your glass out! :chug: Definitely no driving next time. I can catch the bus home but I wouldn't get home until 11:00 or so.

Thanks gents!!

I tasted some nice beers from random people. I think my choice was the brown porter. I can't remember whose that was, maybe Parks? It was cool just rocking up to someone who had a bottle and sticking your glass out! :chug: Definitely no driving next time. I can catch the bus home but I wouldn't get home until 11:00 or so.

Thanks gents!!

Could have been mine, you did seem to like it :)

I love the process of this beer. I have been changing small amounts of spec malts each time I brew it and while not *always* better it's amazing the detectable differences in each brew.

Rock on!

:icon_chickcheers:

Maybe I should throw my LizGarden Grand Cru into the Belgian strong ale category for next months meeting. Nahh, my fragile ego couldn't handle the scruiteneering yet. ha ha..
Don't sell yourself short Angus! Although I've yet to make any dents in the minicomp cipher myself (paraphrasing one well- regarded BABB member- one of the toughest comps to crack), you might be surprised how well you can do with beers that technically may not fit the style guidelines (ahem, ain't that right, member "N"?! ;) ) or you're not happy with for one reason or another.
But in all seriousness, if its Belgian, just bung it in there next month- the worst you can do is get some feedback from other brewers and suggestions for the improvements. Also remember you can enter just for feedback, thereby relieving yourself of the competitive aspect.

and you might still be surprised days later how well you did. I think it's very easy to be over critical of your own beers and assume that everyone who gives you their opinion in person is being polite but you never know unless you try. gotta be in it to win it. :icon_cheers:

and you might still be surprised days later how well you did. I think it's very easy to be over critical of your own beers and assume that everyone who gives you their opinion in person is being polite but you never know unless you try. gotta be in it to win it. :icon_cheers:

Ed! Matey, this is the first time I have ever posted on AHB, which goes to show how much I liked your Dry stout my table judged last thursday.
I would be forever grateful for the recipe!
My email is [email protected] if you were feeling generous... I promise your generosity will be repaid ten-fold!
Cheers mate!
And I hope this posting works.. like I said... I am a massive posting newbie!

Ed! Matey, this is the first time I have ever posted on AHB, which goes to show how much I liked your Dry stout my table judged last thursday.
I would be forever grateful for the recipe!
My email is [email protected] if you were feeling generous... I promise your generosity will be repaid ten-fold!
Cheers mate!
And I hope this posting works.. like I said... I am a massive posting newbie!

Damian, as a forum noob I will say - please use the search function before asking questions and don't ask why your airlock isn't bubbling :lol:

Ed - I too would love to see your recipe if nothing else but to compare to mine (it was fkn delicious)

Yep, Ralph, that 'Mr N' is a dodgy fellow.... ;)

nothing super secret it's basically just http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...&recipe=302 so credit has to go to Ducatiboy Stu for the recipe

I think there may have been some tweaks and I have temps etc at home. Will try to add them here and get them included in the BABBS newsletter.

Glad you all enjoyed it. More batches are in the pipelines (well one is in a cube).

Cheers,

Ed

Latest posts

Back