BABBs July Meeting - AGM

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edschache

Reaction score
The BABBs July meeting will be held on Thursday, July 25, at the Lynndon Bowls Club, 47 Galsworthy St, Holland Park West

Arrive 7:30pm for an 8:00pm start.

All members are invited to celebrate the winners of the BABB's competition and witness the announcement of the champion brewer.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,

Ed

p.s. I've also remembered to put the newsletter up for a change :)

Was looking forward to making this meeting, however work has kept me and I'll be unable to make it. Congratulations to those successful in the annual comp and thanks to those who have served on the commitee for the last year.

Cheers

Rob

See you another time, Rob.

For those who entered the annual competition and haven't renewed your subs, you will need to bring along your payment tonight or a copy of a receipt in order to receive any awards you may have won.

Cheers,
tallie

Thanks again guys for the great evening! The AGM was definitely worth going to for all those tasty craft beers that were flowing. We will be back again for a normal monthly meeting to see how that works, and I'm sure we will be your newest members before the year is out.

Glad you enjoyed, Nathan. The AGM/Awards Night isn't the most exciting meeting for visitors to attend, but it looks like craft beers we put on served their purpose :)

I'm not sure if it was mentioned during the Chief Steward change over, but next month is the Ambers & Dark Ales mini-comp. As always, visitors are welcome to enter a bottle into the mini-comp for feedback. The list of styles covered can be found on the BABBs website.

Cheers,
tallie

Don't think that either Jason or myself will be able to make it next month. I've got a new addition to my family due mid August and Jason has some other commitments. We have both agreed to come back in September though.

Can anyone post the results of the comp as I was unable to attend thursdays meeting.

Cheers,
Mark

You did well Mark....

I don't have the full results, but the placings from the flight summaries were:

Wheat & Rye
1st David Bristow
2nd Nick Barnes
3rd Mark Bedford

Lagers & Pilsners
1st Nick Barnes
2nd Nick Barnes
3rd Mark Bedford

Pale Ales & Bitters
1st David Clarke
2nd Kris Domagala
3rd Florian Loehr

American Ales
1st Daniel Angus
2nd Tim Rayfield
3rd Mark Bedford

Amber & Dark Ales
1st Ralph Devoil
2nd David Clarke
3rd Kris Domagala

Stouts & Porters
1st Kris Domagala
2nd Florian Loehr
3rd David Clarke

Strong Ales
1st David Clarke
2nd Florian Loehr
3rd Angus Rich

Belgian & Farmhouse Ales
1st David Clarke
2nd Ryan Felstead
3rd Mark Davies

Specialty
1st Angus Rich
2nd Kris Domagala
3rd Colin Wright

David Clarke was our Champion Brewer and my Chocolate Porter took out best of show for the second year in a row :beerbang: . Daniel Angus won Champion Novice Brewer, a title that was well contested this year, accounting for half the entrants. We'll post the full results to the website in the near future.

Well done to all the place-getters, and congratulations again to David Clarke, aka Toybox Brewery!

NickB said:
You did well Mark....
So did you by the looks of things, and out lagering Florian as well.

NickB said:
You did well Mark....
Thanks Nick

It looks like I would have done a lot better if Nick Barnes didn't enter.

Well done buddy. It's always good to out lager Florian isn't it?

Yep, totally out lagered alright.

My trick from last year (bottle straight from fermenter after 7 days of primary) didn't work this year. Still up to 39 points, but you guys picked it up a notch so well done!

Anyway, looks like I will be off to better things soon, I probably could have re-written history, according to the overall impressions on my Cascade Pils scoresheet:

I found the marriage of american hops with bohemian beer to be refreshing. This would be a very enjoyable summer beer. Maybe a little more head retention. Brew this in 1939 and there might not have been a war!

Back