BABBs February Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edschache

Reaction score
The BABBs February meeting will be held this Thursday, February 28, at the Lynndon Bowls Club, 47 Galsworthy St, Holland Park West

Arrive 7:30pm for an 8:00pm start.

Visitors are always welcome. Bring along a few of your beers to share and compare.

This month's mini-comp is American Ale. At time of entry, beer must be nominated into BABB's beer classes: 4.1 American Pale Ale, 4.2 American Amber Ale, 4.3 American Brown Ale, 4.4 American IPA.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,

Ed

Not long to go now! Everyone got their American Ales ready?

Cheers,
tallie

Yep, got a 2.5% APA ready to go, but unfortunately can't make it tonight as i'm home alone with the kids :angry:

Have a good one everyone!

One disadvantage of moving to Old Bar Beach is that Thursday is bin night. Good as it gets :wacko:

edit: Hang on, it's $10 Pasta night at Taree West Bowls. Yippee kai yay :super:

tallie said:
Not long to go now! Everyone got their American Ales ready?

Cheers,
tallie
Yep I just can't decide on the pale or the amber.

No more sampling or I won't be driving - guess I'll just have to flip a coin.

Pissed I missed it.... Any good beers?

NickB said:
Pissed I missed it.... Any good beers?
Just Snow's 45 point American IPA! Apologies for forgetting who brewed it, but a 42 point American Amber Ale came second (was it yours smokomark?).

Now I just need to find out how to get the beach ball phenolic out of my American Pale Ale. Note to self: less dry beach-balling :p (I haven't tried it again yet to confirm or refute, but well done to the judges on the flavour descriptor! :) )

Cheers,
tallie

Edit: might have remembered who came second

Sorry i missed this one, but my new pup had to undergo a small op that day & she couldn't be left alone.
hopefully nothing will get in the way of next months meeting...

Cheers Ross

No tallie, it wasn't my amber.

Our table had a cracker of a brown ale that came third overall.

Congrats Tim, care to share the recipe?

Is Browndog still a member or has he fully retreated to the West? Guy who taught me everything I know about APAs.

Back