Babbs February Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonte

Reaction score
Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBs) February meeting will be held February 28th, 2008 at Lynndon Park Bowls Club, Galsworthy Street, Holland Park, Qld. Arrive 7:30pm for an 8:00pm start.

Entry fee of $6.00 covers hall hire & snacks; BYO beer to share and compare. VISITORS ARE MOST WELCOME.

Mini Comp No. 1:- Bitter and Pale Ale. At time of entry, beer must be nominated into BABB's beer classes 3a (Australian Bitter), 3b (Ordinary/Special Bitter), 3c (Extra Special Bitter/Pale Ale), 4a (American Pale Ale) or 7b (India Pale Ale).

is there anybody that is going to this meeting that has a spare 2 dozen glass crown seal longnecks that they could sell to me? i really couldnt be bothered driving to my LHBS in slacks creek if i dont need to...

cheers

Lobby

**insert drunken, post meeting post here**

For those at the brew day today, the Barleywine ended up with ~21L @ 1.090 in the fermenter, about 10 points below target and an efficiency of around 63%. Many thanks to those who turned up, especially Adrian and Geoff for redesigning the HLT mixer and Geoff again for the help with the wash up.

Sorry that I was a little vague for the first few hours :lol:

Hopefully there'll be a few bottles of this one at the Strong Ale night in August.

Hey M, what did the HLT mixer redesign consist of?

what did the HLT mixer redesign consist of?

The cheap pond pump I had in the HLT to keep the water moving (and so hopefully get a more even heating) now has a riser tube attached to it. The pump will now sit on the bottom of the tank and draw in cooler water from the bottom and push it up the riser towards the top.

No dramas on helping clean up Mick, more then happy to help out considering the knowledge which was passed on. :D

We also worked out why the slow sparge run off was occurring, so Mick will have it sorted out for his next run.

... We also worked out why the slow sparge run off was occurring ...
<sigh> no we didn't. Running off first runnings of the Stout now and just as slow as previous despite sealing the tubing :(

BUT, using the last brew's figures obtained from underletting, absolutely nailed the Mash temp this time.

Good news is I'm into the Stouts already today - HAPPY ST PATS DAY!!

Edit: added mash temp info.

<sigh> no we didn't. Running off first runnings of the Stout now and just as slow as previous despite sealing the tubing :(

Man that sucks, I thought that had to be the problem.

BUT, using the last brew's figures obtained from underletting, absolutely nailed the Mash temp this time.

Sweet!

Good news is I'm into the Stouts already today - HAPPY ST PATS DAY!!

Enjoy it, still got 5 hrs to go before I get one into me :(

Back