Babbs Competition Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBS) had their annual competition this last weekend, full results are up on the BABBS site here
The club meets on the 4th Thursday of every month at the Lynndon Bowls Club, Galsworthy St, Holland Park All level of brewers welcome. Hope to see you there.

Cheers Ross

Well done Ross!
With 22 beers on tap I guess you get plenty of practice (and feedback) allowing you to fine tune each beer style.
Regards
Stephen.

Well done Ross!
With 22 beers on tap I guess you get plenty of practice (and feedback) allowing you to fine tune each beer style.
Regards
Stephen.

Thanks Steve,

I was pretty pleased that all but one of my 14 entries got bronze or better :)

cheers Ross

Funny how it goes though. One of my favourite beers was my lowest scoring...

The mixed berry hefe didn't score as well as I though it might...

WHile not going quite as well as Ross I was extremely chuffed to get a Gold and a couple of Bronzes, including one for the first AG...

The club meets on the 4th Thursday of every month at the Holland Park Bowls Club.

Now Ross I know you know this 'cos I saw you last night, but we in fact meet at Lynndon Bowls Club, Galsworthy St, Holland Park !!

Funny how it goes though. One of my favourite beers was my lowest scoring..

I've found this.. My faves often just dont fit into styles perfectly - but are smashing beers to drink, great colour, head retention, malt profile, hop aroma, bitterness, etc.. These things help you to become a better wielder of ingredients though, I guess. However, no avg. beer drinker will drink a beer and think '' hmmm.. this is out of style ''...

Back