Babbs Annual Competition Presentation Dinner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bconnery

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score

Due to a double booking our annual presentation night will now be be held Saturday August 7 2010.

We will be announcing the results of the 2010 club competition including the winner of the trip to New Zealand!

Bring along your some of your beer. The more variety the better! If you are bringing a keg or bottles please do try and label it in some way so members can know what they are drinking...

Venue: Lynndon Bowls Club Galsworthy Street Holland Park

Commencing: 5.30pm & winding up at 11pm

Drinks: BYO , feel welcome to bring a keg along, gas will be supplied if required.

Food: Nibbles followed by Pizza.

Cost: Members free, partners $10.

Just a reminder guys that the presentation night is next weekend, & not tonight as originally advised.

Cheers Ross

Just a reminder that the presentation event is this Saturday night. Come along to see how your beers fared or just some more tasty beverages.

Well done Michael. :beer:

Hope you hiv ah choice trip bro.

Cheers Brad

Off to brew..............

Hear hear, Brad!

Another feather in Michael's comp cap, well- earned and thoroughly deserved. B)

Agreed, certainly makes up for not being able to go last year. But be warned Michael, there are some of us that are determined to prevent your hat trick. I hope your success continues in the QABC and carries though to the Nationals.

cheers

Browndog

And a big congrats to Liam who won the best of show brewing all his beers before going OS. (He owes it all to me for looking after them like my own and getting them entered int to the comp safely ;)

Holy Shit... BribieG won again... Well Done! :icon_cheers:

The rest of us better get our act together for next year!

I'm looking at our pillow-slips, is satin better than cotton what-do-ya-reckon?

Good on yer Michael have fun in the land of the long white sanitary napkin.

Don't congratulate me, it's all down to Urnest and Urnold, I just sit back and leave them to it :lol: :lol:

urn_boys__Small_.jpg

Two of the recipes were basically identical to the ones that got the scores last year as well, but as I'll be publishing them I'll need to look at fresh areas next year ... hmmm tripels? Raspberry ales?

I might also add that even though only two brewers from Ipswich entered, they managed to get the highest scoring beer and champion beer.

IPSWICH, IPSWICH, IPSWICH

cheers

Browndog

I might also add that even though only two brewers from Ipswich entered, they managed to get the highest scoring beer and champion beer.

IPSWICH, IPSWICH, IPSWICH

cheers

Browndog

Ipswich is good country for Lagering

winter_street.jpg

Don't congratulate me, it's all down to Urnest and Urnold, I just sit back and leave them to it

Congratulations to the three of you then :) What a great effort, brewing a beer that gets you a holiday.

Well done, and hop to see your winning recipe on this forum sometime soon.

I heard that Bribie is already getting some training in..
View attachment 39987
Don't want to get left with an ugly one, hey bro.

Hey did anyone happen to pick up a green chiller bag at the end of the night? with all the trophies and certificates and all I had to ferry back to Ipswich I seem to have forgotten it. Who ever has it please feel free to drink the third placed ABA in it.

cheers

Browndog

Hey did anyone happen to pick up a green chiller bag at the end of the night? with all the trophies and certificates and all I had to ferry back to Ipswich I seem to have forgotten it. Who ever has it please feel free to drink the third placed ABA in it.

cheers

Browndog

I believe it's with Ross. He seemed to know it was yours, and seemed very keen to take it somehow :)

Has there been a full listing of results yet?

I've checked the BABBs site and AHB but maybe I'm missing something?

Stoked to win BOS though, I've got a full keg of this IPA waiting to be put on tap and a full month off work to enjoy it :beer:

Congrats to all others from the BABBs ferternity who entered this comp and BribieG you'll never cease to amaze with your brewing prowess.

Respect :beerbang:

Yes full listing would be good.
thanks for the kind words.

At the comp itself for BOS they had the winning beers from each category out on the table and the senior judges worked their way through them with buckets to spit into, just like wine judging, When they got to your IPA one of them just did a big swallow instead :icon_cheers:

PS send your recipe to Bconnery for inclusion in the newsletter, if you are ok with that.

:icon_drunk:

PS send your recipe to Bconnery for inclusion in the newsletter, if you are ok with that.

The recipe might shock some people but OK. I was reading over the score sheets and had a good laugh, cuz I was trying to brew an American IPA but didn't hit any of my targets. When I first tasted in I thought it was closer to the English IPA so thats were it ended up :chug:

Cheers,

Liam

Back