Babbs Annual Comp This Sunday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I'm not sure if BABBs comp organisers are AHB members and have not really pushed this on our forum. Fair enough, It's a BABBs comp not an AHB comp, but I am taking the liberty of reposting an email sent by the guys. More Judges and stewards required for Sunday, starting 9am at Craftbrewer's new premises Capalaba. Come along and poke your nose through the door - I'm sure there will be jobs for all.

Hello everyone,
This is a FINAL REMINDER to those of you who wish to assist in the judging of the club competition this coming Sunday 25th July from 9am at CraftBrewer, Capalaba.

Please reply to this email if you are willing and able to help out on the day and to what capacity. If you are up for judging well need to know the categories you are willing to do (remembering you cant judge any that you have entered in).

Cheers guys,

I'm not sure if BABBs comp organisers are AHB members and have not really pushed this on our forum. Fair enough, It's a BABBs comp not an AHB comp, but I am taking the liberty of reposting an email sent by the guys. More Judges and stewards required for Sunday, starting 9am at Craftbrewer's new premises Capalaba. Come along and poke your nose through the door - I'm sure there will be jobs for all.

Hello everyone,
This is a FINAL REMINDER to those of you who wish to assist in the judging of the club competition this coming Sunday 25th July from 9am at CraftBrewer, Capalaba.

Please reply to this email if you are willing and able to help out on the day and to what capacity. If you are up for judging well need to know the categories you are willing to do (remembering you cant judge any that you have entered in).

Cheers guys,

Probably better if you reply to Neil's email if you are keen to come along.

Probably better if you reply to Neil's email if you are keen to come along.

+1

C U there next to the shiny things BTW
(cold permitting)

Hope you all have a fantastic day. I couldn't be more jelous at the moment :(

I'm there in spirit, so hope my brews are enjoyed by the judges and stewards alike :drinks:

Cheers and here is to the continued strenght of the BABBs team.

Liam

Hope you all have a fantastic day. I couldn't be more jelous at the moment :(

I'm there in spirit, so hope my brews are enjoyed by the judges and stewards alike :drinks:

Cheers and here is to the continued strenght of the BABBs team.

Liam
We miss you too Liam,

Not long now mate.....

We'll make up for lost time in Melbourne :icon_chickcheers:

See you soon,

PB

Sorry guys I cant make the judging day as I was already booked in for a family thing <_< . But I am making myself available for QABC.

So do we find out the placings within the next few days or do we have to wait until the 7th??

Have a good one fellas

Cheers Brad

Sorry guys I cant make the judging day as I was already booked in for a family thing <_< . But I am making myself available for QABC.

So do we find out the placings within the next few days or do we have to wait until the 7th??

Have a good one fellas

Cheers Brad

All announced on presentation night on the 7th - Good luck all...

Cheers Ross

What a great day, thanks to everyone that gave up their sunday to assist.

I reckon that's the smoothest we've run a comp ever, a credit to all those involved.

On top of that our senior judges reckoned it was the best line up of beers they've ever judged :icon_drool2: , you can't ask for more than that!

:icon_chickcheers:

Cheers Ross

Brilliant day, I can't believe that we got there at 9 and apart from a couple of pit stops we were on our bums at the judging tables until the afternoon. Flew past like an hour. Big ups to Ross for providing his new palatial premises, and also getting the new tables and chairs, and for the brilliant catering and dedicated work by stewards.

Also re Browndog's earlier post, there are BABBs members who are not in office type occupations with constant access to Email, and don't necessarily check their emails even daily, so this forum provides a second line of communication via this Clubs & Meetings sub forum - one of our judges today had not in fact been aware of the email but was alerted via AHB and emailed Neil promptly.

Now for QABC :icon_chickcheers:

16 beers in the stout/porter class and not an infected or really bad beer among them!

A really well organised day. Big thumbs up to the stewards!

Setting up the gig.
setting_up.JPG
Judging in full flight
hard_at_it.JPG
Finishing up with the best of show.
bos.JPG
Busy enjoyable day, thanks to all involved - bring on the QABC. Remind me to wear sunnies next visit to Craftbrewer, bloody shiny stuff everywhere.

Well done guys :beerbang:

Im really dirty I couldnt be there but I had a triple bucks weekend :party:

What an excellent day, as Bribie said, 3 hrs flew by like an hour, I'll echo Ben,s comments regarding the quality of the beer. A big thanks to the Stewards who ran things like clockwork and a big thankyou must go to Natalie for her work with the stewards and the catering. Well done Nat.

thanks to all for a great day and bring on the presentation !

cheers

Browndog

Just adding my voice to the list of people who thoroughly enjoyed the day. It was my first time being involved in stewarding and thanks to the guidance of head-steward Jason and the patience of the judges, I have a whole new appreciation and understanding of a how the competition process works. Thanks all :icon_cheers:

Here's a couple more photos from the day:

IMG_0587.jpg IMG_0588.jpg

Looking forward to the presentation night now!

Cheers,
tallie (Kris).

Just adding my voice to the list of people who thoroughly enjoyed the day. It was my first time being involved in stewarding and thanks to the guidance of head-steward Jason and the patience of the judges, I have a whole new appreciation and understanding of a how the competition process works. Thanks all :icon_cheers:

Here's a couple more photos from the day:

View attachment 39727 View attachment 39728

Looking forward to the presentation night now!

Cheers,
tallie (Kris).

Kris was a machine on the day :)

Back