Babb May Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonte

Reaction score
Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBs) monthly meeting will be held Thursday May 27, 2010 at Lynndon Bowls Club, Galsworthy Street, Holland Park, Qld. Arrive 7:30pm for an 8:00pm start.

Visitors are always welcome. Bring along a few tallies to share and compare.

In January, we learnt the finer details of the Mash Paddle style. This is our chance to demonstrate what we've learned. Members need to bring two bottles of each entry. One for the minicomp and one for delivery to Eagle Heights.

Whats happening with the SC Bitter are we still bringing in some this month as well? If so how many bottles?

Cheers brad

I'm bringing a keg :) (and a bottle for the guys at SCB).

(PS There is a list of who's bring which and when, give Ross a Oi if you haven't seen it)

I'm bringing a keg :) (and a bottle for the guys at SCB).

(PS There is a list of who's bring which and when, give Ross a Oi if you haven't seen it)

Mate I missed that email. Hopefully I am on the list for this month, otherwise I fear there may not be any left for next month. I may have to get the CPBF out so the drunken ******* that lives here doesn't drink it all ;)

Cheers

Oh and PS bringing a keg on my drive night just isn't cricket I tell ya! :(

Mate I missed that email. Hopefully I am on the list for this month, otherwise I fear there may not be any left for next month. I may have to get the CPBF out so the drunken ******* that lives here doesn't drink it all ;)

Cheers

Oh and PS bringing a keg on my drive night just isn't cricket I tell ya! :(

Sorry, and the reason from bringing it is the same as your above :rolleyes: .

Members need to bring two bottles of each entry. One for the minicomp and one for delivery to Eagle Heights.
Lonte, do both the beers count for points in the Chocolateoff or is it the same rules as the usual mini-comps where you have to nominate which beer you want scored?

For the MashPaddleoff - do we describe the intention off the beer on the label or is there a sheet to fill out that goes with each beer? AND who is judging it now the EH is closed?

Oi Ross - Whats the deal? :p Am I bringing my SCB?

PB

Impatient little bastards aren't we? No Doubt all will be revealed when Jason releases the newsletter. :chug:

HD

Impatient little bastards aren't we? No Doubt all will be revealed when Jason releases the newsletter. :chug:

HD

Just as an FYI that might be an issue this month. There are currently a lot of issues with google apps and gmail accounts, of which @babbrewers etc. are all. So it is possible that the newsletter might be delayed through no fault of Jason's...

If people do have questions in the meantime perhaps PM me or else email me outside of Babbs, for those who already have my address.

Ross asked for people to email him with a preferred night to bring your beers so if you've responded to that, which I'm guessing many of you haven't, then bring your beers in on the night you selected if you haven't heard from him by Thursday...

Given that Thursday is the chocolate beers I'm planning to bring mine in June :)

Guys, I've just emailed everyone with the below list of when your beers are required & have asked some questions - Please reply asap. If you don't recieve the email please contact me [email protected]

Name May June Yeast

Peter McIntosh May WY 1056
Simon Conlon June WY 1028
Paul Hoepper June WY 1968
Michael Mowbray June WY 3787
Stephen Wharton May WLP 510
Dave Walker June ?
Chad Smith June WY 2565
Perry Burt May WY 1882
Kris Domagala May WLP 004/WY 1084
Dave Clarke May WY 1728
Luke Czaban June WY 1275
Howard Mullins May WY 1332
Ross Kenrick May WY 1007
Jason Atherinos May WY 1099
Ross Orchard May WY 1272
Matt Melloy June WY 3655
Johann Van Der Walt May WY 1335
Brian McRae May US-05 - Dry
Mark Davies June WY 1318
Josh Kenrick June Nottingham - Dry
Chris Moss June Windsor - Dry
Neil Silvester May WY 3538
Peter Buchanan June WY 1187
Anthony Thygesen June WY 2487
Chris Ossowski June WY 34/70 - Dry
Ben Connery June WY 3711
Ryan McCann June ?
Brad Gray may WY 1764

Should be a great night

P.S. please don't forget to bring an extra bottle of the Chocolate & SCB beers on the night.

Cheers

Ross
BrewMaster

Well enjoy ladies and gents, I've got family from interstate rocking up tomorrow afternoon and won't be able to make it, so please enjoy those wonderful beers without my help ;)

Cheers,

GT

Good nite, great to see Lilo et al , the re-emergence of Chap Chap, and Brendan from the Brewhouse.
Ross, I was joking when I said we'd shaved .5 off your score so BD could win. :p

Was a good night last night for a first timer. Thanks for the hospitality. Now I have seen the setup, I'll wise up and leave the car at home! See you all next month.

Cheers

Ian

Was a good night last night for a first timer. Thanks for the hospitality. Now I have seen the setup, I'll wise up and leave the car at home! See you all next month.

Cheers

Ian
Good to meet you, Ian. Remember next time you promised to bring us a brew ;)

Cheers - Snow (Steve Wharton)

So fellas,

Tell me all about the highlights and horror beers of the night.

I hear one of mine would have been one of the horrors as it had a demonic gushing problem.

Sounds like BrowDog and Ross had some famtastic beer on offer.

Well done to all concerned.

Cheers,

TS

I'll be taking up the fact that I didn't win with the committee :huh:

:icon_cheers:

Paul

So fellas,

Tell me all about the highlights and horror beers of the night.

I hear one of mine would have been one of the horrors as it had a demonic gushing problem.

Sounds like BrowDog and Ross had some famtastic beer on offer.

Well done to all concerned.

Cheers,

TS

:lol: That was yours mate LOL... I was in the Stewards den when they cracked it... Lets just say it was definitely a boy :) :p :lol:

That was yours mate LOL... I was in the Stewards den when they cracked it... Lets just say it was definitely a boy

So you put it in your mouth then :lol: what did it taste like?

Just jokes. Wish some of it got into the jug though, I was really looking forward to some feedback on that one :(

What about you Chap Chap, did you have any entries?

Latest posts

Back