B3 Style Sculpture Dimensions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screwtop

Inspectors Pocket Brewery
Reaction score
Want to build a lightweight (but strong) breakapart version of the B3 style sculpture. For quick and easy assembly, storage and transport it will be fit-together not bolt-together and will pack flat. An engineer friend will help with the design and it will be WAAAAY CHEAPER. Where to start - DIMENSIONS?

Suggestions re assembled dimensions would be helpful. Am using the standard 50l vessels and three ring burner. An engineer friend will help with the design.

Sounds like you've got your answer already-your engineering friend will help you with your design.

Measure your 50L vessels and draw your own plan. No one else knows exactly what you would like from your frame and system so it's best if you sit down with a pen and paper and a ruler and make the plan.

If you've got the 50L vessels sitting there, why not make up some mock systems by sitting them on boxes/shelves/anything in the various configurations that you want to try and see how they fit to you.

Not hard stuff to do and I think any B3 plan would be basically useless to you anyway.

My recommendation, if possible, is have the mash tun at a height that you don't have to climb ladders to mash in. Who really wants to climb up ladders with a bucket and balance on the top while pouring it into the mash tun and stirring at the same time. Worth considering.

Secondly, which B3 system? There's more than one ;)

Cheers and good luck.
Justin

All I did was get the picture from the B3 web site that interested me. Measured my kegs put that on the diagram and then guesstimated the gaps etc.

The B3 one looks like the HLT is underneath the mash tun, in any event I put my HLT at the top. I did this as it is the vessel that needs least attention and like Justin said I didn't want a ladder or to be lifting my malt in over the top.

I have the materials for the mash tun to be able to swing upside down as an easy empty method. I think I will do the same for the kettle.

I also mounted a cool water tank (CLT) under the kettle with an aquarium pump in it to pump water around the CFC and return. The CLT is out of one of those office spring water coolers, it uses a peltier effect device. I am thinking of adding a solenoid and temp control to the chilling process to get the temp I want into the fermenter, just need to find something that will handle the temp.

I will post some pictures this weekend of my setup.

Thanks for the replies, have taken the suggestions, I believe in the 7P's principal so want as much info as possible before beginning the project. Thought there may have been some basic dimensions around the traps.

Latest posts

Back