B Y O magazine online

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spog

The Odd Drop Brewery
Reaction score
g,day all, i read in an issue of the byo mag that it is available in the online format for $28.00 per year.
i grab a copy when ever i can (only available here by subscription) when ever i spy it when in Adelaide.
my question is,has anyone signed up for the online version and is it the same as the printed version.(no doubt would be for it to work).are you happy with it.
at $28.00 i guess it would be a good buy as you dont end up with a pile of mags and can read it on your laptop/i pad when ever. ....cheers..spog....

I never sit on the loo without my Galaxy Note. Maybe we could PM at the same time?

I have a digital-only subscription to BYO.

The content is, of course, totally, completely awesome. Great way of running across answers to questions you dont know enough yet to ask. I really learn a lot and get great references to other places to find information.

There are some great little aspects to the app. For example all the ads are linked. Just tap on an ad and the site opens. If you don't want that it's easy to turn off. Zooming is no problem and it generally works well.

I don't recommend it for the iPhone so much. It's pretty hard to read. Text goes to a decent size but it's a pain to move around the pages. The app interface seems to be primarily made for tablets and ported to the iPhone. I've also had problems logging on from the app to purchase new copies. I actually purchased one that I have yet to receive despite repeated emails to BYO and no replies.

It's fine to use on a computer. No real dramas there.

All in all bits have been frustrating but I'm very happy to have access to the information. Hope that helps.

Oh, and available digital issue go back to May 2012. You have acces to the ones starting at the date of your subscription but have to buy earlier issues at about $4.50 each.

Bribie G said:
I never sit on the loo without my Galaxy Note. Maybe we could PM at the same time?
okay, i have just wiped,your turn. but remember 1 up 1down and 1 for shine :) ....

thanks Mardoo,i think i will take the plunge. .cheers...spog...

The Android App sux on my Galaxy s3, constantly force closes.
Yes, the online (dowloadable) version is the same as the print version

I use it on the 13" mac through safari web browser and its a pain in the arse compared to me having an actual PDF. real pdfs i can swipe to turn a page and zoom easily, its like someone built the site for windows 3.1. To be honest I thought it'd be great but its is a waste of money for me as the website to use it is so shit it make me angry and I cant be bothered.

content is good though, if you can deal with the frustrations.

Print version. Never goes wrong. Never crashes.

I also sub to the printed version. I hate reading books on the comp.

Mine lives in the shithouse too (mag, not comp)

Mardoo said:
Oh, and available digital issue go back to May 2012. You have acces to the ones starting at the date of your subscription but have to buy earlier issues at about $4.50 each.
so does that mean if i sign up i can get copies of the mags i bought already from my subscription in digital form back to may '12?

I used to be a massive fan of magazines (car, computer ect) but now I don't see the when I have access to articles online which are always more recent and more up to date than magazines (even online versions, they cannot be edited once they are made)

Why pay for something when you can Google it?

Looks like the May - June 2012 edition for the ipad can be downloaded for free (which I'm doing now).

If it turns out to be any good - format, not content - then it will be a goer for me.

mckenry said:
I'd feel weird reading my iPad on the loo
Three birds one stone

Charge browse shyte

loo phone.jpg

Back