B.a.d Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleiny

There is no Charge for Awesomeness
Reaction score
Gday Guys

Ive had a couple of inquiries about the club so it is probably time to hold another meeting.

I would like everybody to have a think about what we want out of the club meetings?

When do we think the meeting should happen. March sometime im guessing. Possible brewday, just tastings, club brewoff, just a chat. What do you guys want?

Im happy to host again.

Kleiny

I will Pm this out as well.

Gday Guys

Ive had a couple of inquiries about the club so it is probably time to hold another meeting.

I would like everybody to have a think about what we want out of the club meetings?

When do we think the meeting should happen. March sometime im guessing. Possible brewday, just tastings, club brewoff, just a chat. What do you guys want?

Im happy to host again.

Kleiny

I will Pm this out as well.

March has the potential to be very busy for me, but if it was on a saturday arvo / evening or even a sunday I could be a chance of making the trip up...

So what about

Sat 27th or Sunday 28th. Brewday at my place. We can brew and maybe if one or two others want bring some equipment around.

Kleiny

Those dates will work well for me as its the start of school holidays B)

I got given 50kgs of Joe White Pilsner malt last week. My mill is yet to be constructed so I'm happy to bring up my brew rig and enough grain to do a couple of batches if someone want to construct a nice tasty recipe??

Yep

Sunday afternoon, what time does everybody want to start?

No brewday at this stage but if everybody brings some beer for tasteing it will be good.

I might get a brew going just for show.

Kleiny

Hi all,

I'm still right for Sunday afternoon. Unless anybody is at work on Sunday, I'd prefer earlier in the arvo rather than evening but really I'm flexible!

im still on for sunday... i start holidays this weekend :)

edit: early arvo for me to.

Ok early arvo

rock up around 3pm and we will taste a few brews

if anybody needs my address again PM me

Kleiny

i have no beers at the moment (well I do but its so bad its not worth putting in a bottle and hurting you with)

i have no beers at the moment (well I do but its so bad its not worth putting in a bottle and hurting you with)

Spend less time building and more time brewing :p

Just bring what you have whats so bad about it?

Oh man its real bad Im not even drinking it..
I dont know what happened got really crap efficiency from my crush (hence going to you) and i added some LDM to try fix it from recommendations.. long story short its so bad and no alcahol in it that its not worth it.. might be a tip-o-beer.. im leaving it for awhile ot see if it comes back..

Yeah Im starting to brew more, Just got my goodies from G&G for a brew Saturday morning and have one in the fermenter at the moment. Im just geting my eye in on my new brew rig.. Once thats done I'll be brewing a lot of sat morning in the coming weeks..

I like my building also :) won two pub drip trays off ebay for $20 the other day.. now I just have to find a font or create a PVC version for the kegerator and im done.. Mind you after that I have my garage work bench/fermenting area to build. :)

I have to do all this before the baby comes in July to!

I'll just grab some beers from the shop, some different type ones..

Spend less time building and more time brewing :p

Just bring what you have whats so bad about it?

Well, beer is packed, got the camera in, address written down. Gotta pick up an order of trees before I get there so leaving shortly.

Looking forward to catching up with a few ahb'ers

Chris

I thought it might be better keeping all the BAD 'meeting' posts nice and tidy in the one thread to prevent clutter.

So for our next meeting we decided we could have a stout brewing challenge and mini-swap. The idea is basically that you brew your version of a stout, swap them at the Winter meeting then give/receive comments and feedback.

What size/type of bottles should we use? I would be happy with 750ml longnecks (crown seal) but 330mls are also an option I suppose... I like glass. What do other people think? Finally we should confirm the number of people in the challenge. I'm in, so I'll put my name down in a list.

Participants in the fun stout brew-off:
notung - Mugwort Anti-Imperial Stout (if all goes well)

About to order my ingredients ;)

notung - Mugwort Anti-Imperial Stout (if all goes well)
Wakkatoo - Sweet Stout. Never done a stout before so it will be a first for everyone!

Think im going to try and get some extra flavours in this time

1. notung - Mugwort Anti-Imperial Stout (if all goes well)
2. Wakkatoo - Sweet Stout. Never done a stout before so it will be a first for everyone!
3. Kleiny - Oatmeal stout with a twist. (Licorice or vanilla bean or both)

1. notung - Mugwort Anti-Imperial Stout (if all goes well)
2. Wakkatoo - Sweet Stout. Never done a stout before so it will be a first for everyone!
4. Gava - oatmeal stout - will attempt it

I'm not sure about my stout yet. I have a couple planned, so I'll see which is ready/best closer to the time.

1. notung - ?
4. Gava - oatmeal stout - will attempt it

Oh come on what happened to the mugwort stout notung

i was looking forward to this along with a couple of others from the club.

Kleiny

Back