B.a.d @ Anhc 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakkatoo

The Sneaky Monk
Reaction score
Following up on last sunday's get-together, I recieved a response from Lachlan Strong who is on the committee with regards to B.A.D being represented at club night.

Here is the response:

Howdy Chris,
The story is basically that you tell us you want a spot at club night, come to the conference, bring your beer and that's it. There are no rules about what constitutes a club etc. All are welcome.

You can just show up with a couple of guys and a few bottles (a couple of clubs did this last year), or go all out with banners and costumes etc.

At the last conference, we set up cold storage on the ground floor at the venue and people delivered their beers on the Thursday morning.

The more established Melbourne clubs were able to provide their own dispensing equipment, and we'd prefer that you could do the same if possible, but last time we were fortunate in that some sponsors lent us kegerators for interstate clubs and those without gear to use. I hope this will continue this year, but I cannot guarantee it at this stage.

Hope this helps. See you in Oct!

Lachlan

So it sounds like it is a goer if people are still interested (I am!!).

Any thoughts?

Following up on last sunday's get-together, I recieved a response from Lachlan Strong who is on the committee with regards to B.A.D being represented at club night.

Here is the response:

So it sounds like it is a goer if people are still interested (I am!!).

Any thoughts?

Totally interested

Q's

what beers are we going to take will they come from a brewday sometime?
Aim to take 2x kegs maybe as a starter.

I think gav said he could make up a kickass banner.

We need to put a portable system together, i could prob mod up a jockey box from the party hire.

Who is going to attend? (your going to want to be there to try some great beers).

Do we need a table or is that stuff provided?

Kleiny

Marking down on the calendar! I like the idea of being present on club night and offering BAD beers to people.

In my opinion, it would be more appropriate to brew beers for this as a club rather than individually. (Also I do not keg so I couldn't anyway!) Anyone got ideas for stand out amazing brews? I've still got all that pils malt...

Been a bit slack guys with the return to work.

I'll take it that at the very least we can have 2-3 of us present at club night so I'll shoot off another pm booking a spot and will ask about tables etc.
I think we will be fine in taking our own dispensing equip - at the very least I have a bronco tap, esky and gas-bulb connector :D

I think discussion about what beer to take / combined brew day would be the best direction to take now...

Been a bit slack guys with the return to work.

I'll take it that at the very least we can have 2-3 of us present at club night so I'll shoot off another pm booking a spot and will ask about tables etc.
I think we will be fine in taking our own dispensing equip - at the very least I have a bronco tap, esky and gas-bulb connector :D

I think discussion about what beer to take / combined brew day would be the best direction to take now...

I can mod up the jockey box from the folks party hire, i reckon a double batch brew day to fill 2 kegs would be the go, the guys at club night will be a thirsty bunch.

What about a black IPA, Double IPA, Dopplebock?

Lets get some names and a possible date to brew.

Going:
Kleiny

Brewday date:
Pick a weekend or discuss at the Holgates meeting

On the Holgate winter meeting Cummins is working on getting the date so should hear from him shortly

Kleiny

Going:
Kleiny
Wakkatoo (at this stage, need to sort it with work)

Brewday date:
Pick a weekend or discuss at the Holgates meeting
Wakkatoo - happy to follow whatever happens - weekdays are no good

How about 3 kegs that represent the logo (B.A.D)

B - Belgian Blonde
A- American Amber
D- Dopplebock

Happy to bring my equipment - might need some more experienced brewers to make sure it really doen'st end up bad!!

Good to see you blokes getting on board...
Westagte Home Brewers has some mighty things and beers planned for this years ANHC...and yes...i think we are gonna be a thirsty bunch all round...
i think it Will be good to all get together , drink some really quality brews , meet some great people , talk the talk ..all over homebrew !!!
Cheers
Ferg

How about 3 kegs that represent the logo (B.A.D)

B - Belgian Blonde
A- American Amber
D- Dopplebock

Happy to bring my equipment - might need some more experienced brewers to make sure it really doen'st end up bad!!

I like this idea

B - Bock
A - American Brown
D - Dusseldorf Alt

We would need 3 sets of gear or do a double brew on mine, maybe even somebody brew in a bag, my setup and another. This would get across the AG processes out there.

Good ideas, keep them up

Kleiny

Great idea to brew to the acronym!

B - Bendigo Black IIPA
A - Amber Altbier
D - District Dunkelweizen

Having 3 systems working on a brewday would be great fun.

my system is now double capable.. i haven't tested yet due to one missing false bottom in the mail somewhere.. Will be doing a stout next weekend.

did a wet test today and fixed all the leaks (damn weldless fittings)

I can do a banner on A0 paper.. dont think I can laminate though..

I'll be in on this.. when is it?

Notung

the logo looks the goods.

Gav go and see the boys/girls in mapping GIS they will have a laminater to do that size. Be nice and get a couple done before anhc.

Notung

the logo looks the goods.

Gav go and see the boys/girls in mapping GIS they will have a laminater to do that size. Be nice and get a couple done before anhc.

what you want it look like?

This just through on the email in response to 'booking' a spot

There are plenty of tables and chairs, so no worries on that front. From memory the tables are all 1800x750mm - if for some reason that doesn't suit then you could bring your own, but I can't see why you'd bother really.

We'll probably put a call out for clubs later, it wouldn't hurt to send me a reminder when that happens. :)

Lachlan

So if anyone spots the call out before I do, let me know and I'll send the reminder email.
Tables are sorted (only need 1 surely??), a banner is in the making so we need to sort the beer (I like either notung's or Kleiny's suggestion of 3) and think about dispensing.
Then of course the costumes, but I suggest keeping that to PM's - don't want to give away any surprises ;)

The dates are October 28-30 2010

ANHC 2010

I think club night is the night before but details to follow as we get them.

Kleiny

bumpity bump.

Not sure how things are going here. We know that Kleiny is out due to a wedding. Think I might give it a miss. Living in a new house, with no garden, I can easily spend that kind of money here and not owe as many brownie points to the wife. Forgot how pricey the tickets are.
Maybe I'll just stick to making it to the local BAD meetings for now.

Love the idea of going but did baulk upon seeing price tag. I'll have made up my mind by the next BAD meeting I suppose. I'll let people know for sure by then.

yup i can't afford that.. new baby in august and missus doesn't get paid maternity leave.

wakka BAD meetings are going up in $$ in line with interest rates and pressure from ANHC Priceing.

I have had to put them up by 50%

So a 50% increase on $0 is holy crap $0 :p

catch you guys around

Back